Cth1783's Story - (My Battle with hairloss)

cth1783

Reaction score
The thing about my hairloss is that it is all over my head: front, crown, top, sides, back- I am starting to see my crown thinning significantly as well as my receding hair line getting worse. The first thing I had done initially before the derm was a blood test to insure nothing was wrong with me phyiscally. My thyroid levels and everything else have come back with all positive results and fall between the ranges of good thyroid function. I have no physical problems and am in good health. I often get itchy sensations on the crown area of my head where more of the hairloss is noticeable. My hair has been dry, course, and brittle for about 5 to 6 years now and I am desperately looking for a disagnoses. On my first trip to the dermatologist I was diagnosed with dermatitius of the scalp, which i had and got rid of using a combination of Tar shampoo, clobestal, and alaseb or something. this only took about 2 - 3 weeks to get rid of any i havent really had any dry scalp issues since. Although that was treat my hairloss continued at a steady rate. I have noticed in the spots I lose hair the most I often get tingling and itchy sensations and I have also had scalp pain in those areas, which hasn't occured recently - comes and goes. Since my hair is dry, course, and brittle i can essential run my hand through any part of my hair and hair will fall out...even on the sides and back, the loss is more significant on the top of my head and temples though. I am going to schedule another appointment back at the derm this week to see if they will take scalp samples or hair samples and examine them because they did not do this the first 2 times and they are considered one of the best. Please give me your advice or if there is anything you recommend I do...I am trying all that I can to correct this and just can't seem to get anywhere with it. At the moment I have been on finasteride approacing 7 months using ketaconzole shampoo periodically with no signs of slowing hairloss.