Criteria for assessing best surgeons

neuromet

Reaction score
I'm considering FUE and would like to figure out HOW to determine who are the best surgeons. The criteria I can think of are (in order of priority):
- years of experience performing FUE
- results displayed on web site or in forums
- quality of personal exchanges with the doctor or office
- stories on forums
- academic qualifications (i.e., the quality of the medical school attended)

Do these make sense as criteria? Are there other criteria I should consider?

P.S. Apologies if you're seeing this message again. I posted a similar message on Sunday but I think it was deleted due to the site's technical issues.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd ask for graft survival rates, I'd ask how many follicles they extract per session, I'd ask who is doing the punches and graft extractions and who is doing the placements, I'd ask what kind of punch they use, manual or motorized. Of course you are relying on surgeon honesty, but they are the most important questions in my opinion.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You also have to factor in the cost of the procedure, and how much risk you want to take on. There is always going to be that chance factor, and if you are willing to go overseas and what that entails.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Some docs have a "niche." Young or old pts, FUE or FUT, front or crown work, repairs, etc. Figure out what "niche" you fit into, and see the person who is best for that.