Creatine: Does it work? Whats the best Formulation?

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondered if anyone here has used or knows anything about using Creatine supplements. Any advice would be great.

Chorizo

Reaction score
Creatine works great for building strength, I went from benching 220 lbs to 300 lbs in 3 months :eek:

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
I have tried many formulations and the best I have had is NO-Xplode. It combines creatine, nitrous oxide boosters, and caffeine to give you energy and great pumps. You can find it on the net for around 30.00 per tub. I have really liked it.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
i used it for about 6 weeks, but seriously i got really bad constipation after taking it so i was forced to stop using it. i'd take it and wouldn't be able to sh*t for 2-3 days which means you're liable to sh*t yourself at any given time. as soon as i stopped taking it my stomach was back to normal. is this a common side effect? i would consider taking it again except for my previous experience with constipation while on it.

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
Yes, one of the potential side effects of NO-Xplode is an upset stomach. However, I have experienced a similar problem to what you described, so I went on bought some epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) at the store and take about 1/8 teaspoon a day which helps to keep me pretty regular while taking the NO-Xplode

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
Are any of you guys on propecia / finasteride?

I am, and I'm considering giving creatine another chance but want to know will they effect one another, because I've got some some nice gains lately but creatine would enhance them. I'm going to do a bit of research on the actual benefits of creatine before I decide.

What are you guys paying each month for creatine?

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
Hey Googler,

I am currently taking avodart, but was taking propecia for almost two years. I am pretty sure they don't effect one another, although I am no scientist. You can go to http://www.1fast400.com and order a several month supply of Creatine Ethyl Ester for about 20.00. It is a highly soluble form of creatine and works really well. The only downside to this creatine is the fact that it taste terrible. I use NO-Xplode instead since it has both creatine and nitrous oxide boosters in it as well. It costs about 35.00 per month.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. I might give it another shot, hopefully with no constipation or stomach aches this time.

Did you do the loading stage, how much do you take and do you take it before or after your workout?

Thanks

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
Hey bro,

I have talked to a few bodybuilders who have told me not to worry about the loading phase. They told me to just take it an hour before I work out and right after.

If you go the NO-Xplode route, take two to three scoops on an empty stomach on training days and then one scoop on an empty stomach on non-training days. The directions are on there. If you can afford it, I highly recommend the NO-Xplode; nonetheless, the creating ethyl ester is very good as well.

The epsom salt trick will keep you as regular as you could be. It costs about 2.00 at any local grocery store, and don't take alot of it, otherwise you may try and drop a little *** and end up dumping your pants. Your hearing that from a person with first-hand experience.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously constipation is no laughing matter. I remember when I was on creatine the last time and I hadn't crapped in 3 days so I took a load of medicine to relief the blockage but it didnt work, so I took some more but it didnt work. Then sitting in a lecture I burst out of my seat and ran like the wind to the toliet. I was probably 2 seconds from crapping my pants, fortunately I wasn't wearing a belt that day.

Thats why I'm reluctant about using creatine again because the constant constipation was uncomfortable.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I remember reading something years ago that you should only take it for 8 weeks then take a break or something like that. Is that right?

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
Definitely. I have actually followed a six-week regimen. Your body does get used to it after about six weeks and it is best, like any sports supplement, to cycle it. I think that cretine, for muscle gain, is one of the best supplements on the market. I noticed a substantial increase in creatine's effects when I drank about a gallon of water a day and upped my protein intake.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not fat but my stomach and chest are not as tight as I would like them to be, but my arms and legs are coming along nicely. Do you reckon taking creatine would help tighten up my stomach and chest?

jeffreyt21

Reaction score
Bro,

I don't know that creatine will be the best to tighten up the stomach and the chest. It will definitely help you add mass to your muscles, but I think the way to get the tight, shredded look is through the loss of excess weight.

If you really wanted to see some quick results, get some type of energy supplement i.e. lipo-6, hydroxycut, xenadrine, etc.. and take it in the morning on an empty stomach, do thirty minutes of cardio and then have breakfast. Rotate this with weight training and creatine supplementation and eat a TON of protein and you will see rapid results.