crap, hair is worse than ever

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 18 and in month 4 with propecia and nizoral, the front is like sh*t, and hairline is messed up, the crown area has gotten more obvious, I don't see much hair that fall out, but if I look back to where I started, it's obvious that I've lost alot density, also the sides are affected. BTW, can propecia shed cause hairline recession? started using MSM recently

G

You can't decide if this is going to work or not until at least a year. Some people see results earlier but you have to give it at least a year. Just keep on it. If you jump ship you could regret it even more!

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem I think most people have with the "give it a year" advice is that at the rate some of us seem to be losing it in our early months on treatments, we wont have any hair left by a year.

I know people go through these negative thoughts, and then it gets better... But you just can't help but think it's not going to. And to be honest, in this case, I'd rather prepare myself for the worst.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hold in there kenneth. i had a shed within the 1st 4 months of starting finasteride and it grew back thicker than before. i didnt see hairs fallout either, just noticed lack of density. remember, those little hairs growing take months to peep out of the scalp surface. hold in there mate. 83% chance after 2 years youll be better than baseline.. good luck.

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, now I least feel more confident about my regime :roll: , hope I don't have to wait a year to see improvements, good luck to you all with your regimes, I will update If anything new happens :)

G

hey

Kenneth, i am going threw the same thing i have been shedding for the last month and in the last 2 weeks it has been the worse i am easily shedding more then the 150 per day normal shed. I am going to hold out because everything that i have read says that a shed is a good sign that the pill is working so am upsetting as it is i am holding on to hope, if those little bald mice can grow back there hair so can i. do you think they make little hairpieces for those mice that do not grow hair back?