Cpa + Finasteride As A Final Approach

Karan48281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last year i took dustaride after seeing myself slowly lose hair. At first it halted it for the first week and then suddenly i started shedding hair, started having an itchy scap, increased body and facial hair and oily skin. After a while my hairline got worse, so after a few months i came off it. The dosage was 0.5mg.

So i did recover partially when i stopped it, but i decided from two weeks ago to try something new. For the first month i will use 50mg CPA with finasteride and also Bio Estriol. (decrease to 25mg cpa the month after) So far my sebum has sightly reduced but i am still shedding hair and have slight itching.

How long should i wait to know whether this regime will decrease shedding and if I will have any regrowth? I am also wondering if the CPA willl counter the increased body hair/facial hair and some of the symptoms that were caused on dustaride.

Tao

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Karan,

Im not a professional nor I have any experience with dunasteride or finasteride, but it’s stated clearly everywhere that you have to be patient with this medication.
You should have waited a little longer to have a realistic insight if it works for you or not.
I understand that growing face hair is not really welcomed, but at least it shows that it increased your hair grow.

Im also thinking about getting on one of those two.
But I’ll go with another solution first. finasteride and Dun will be my last approach.
But if I do so I’ll do it for at least 9 months before saying it’s good or not.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can take good doses of cpa, but not for long term. You should check out bicalutamide. Also, I'll repeat what Tao said: be patient.

Karan48281

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can take good doses of cpa, but not for long term. You should check out bicalutamide. Also, I'll repeat what Tao said: be patient.

I am just wondering that maybe the dustaride increased my testosterone, hence the the adverse affects of increased body hair, oily skin e.g. Hence why i am trying this regime to see if that is the case. Is this a viable theory? Just curious since with a lack of T and DHT my body wont be able to get the androgens it needs.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From a quick search, cpa competes with the androgens to bind to an AR. It will most likely weaken the effects of increased androgen levels.

Karan48281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slight update, it seems my itchy scalp has almost completely gone. It took a while but the itchness is non existent. My face still has a few cystic acnes around the eyes but my skin is overall much drier apart from my nose, where it gets slightly oily. However ive always had a bad oily nose.