couvre is money for diffuse thinners

G

anybody who is waiting for their finasteride to kick in and is a diffuse thinner, i highly recommend couvre. the stuff works wonders for me and makes my hair look perfect. it's only 20 bucks and one tube usually lasts me 6 months. it's undetectable if you use it right and is compatable with finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral. it washes right out. all it is is a colored lotion that matches your hair color that you apply to the scalp. it makes it impossible to differentiate between the scalp and your hair which eliminates the appearance of diffuse thinning......i recommend it.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
absolutely, right now i couldn't live without couvre. It is an amazing product for lads with thin hair. However, it can be very detectable and embarrassing if you use it wrong. The main problem you have when using couvre is that it only comes in like 6 colours and for lighter hair colours in particular, there can deffinately be colour compatibility issues. Also you have to make sure you get it evenly spread all over the head and to make sure you get it on your scalp and not on your actuall hair .

I have been using the stuff for about half a year now and the best way I have found to use it is the following....

1.Wash Hair normally with shampoo before you go to bed.
2. Apply a thick layer of couvre to your scalp once you hair is dry.
3. Leave it on overnight! (might be a problem for those with white pillow cases . But I have never found a problem with it getting on my pillow case)

4. In the morning shower your hair with WATER ONLY (couvre is for the most part water resistant and only comes off with shampoo)

Showering your hair with water only will clean your actuall hair so the couvre is only left on your scalp. It will slightly weaken and even out the couvre distribution to make it very subtle and undetectable. Apply a little minoxidil to thicken it up and you have a nice undetectable thick head of hair (or at least i do :) )

Jyn

Reaction score
Do you guys apply it with that applicator sponge thingy to apply? How do you part your hair to get it all over your scalp? Under bright sunlight, this stuff looked very detectable on my head but then again it was the first time I used it.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't use those applicators, they are uselss in my opinnion. The way I apply it is to make several part-in's and apply the stuff in rows from left to right with your fingertips.

I can't see the stuff working for you unless you have a decent amount of hair to start with.

I would never go outside without using the method I posted previousely, because if you simply just part you hair and put it all over your scalp, it will deffinately be completely obvious. They key is to get the stuff very subtle and evenly spread, so try applying it the way i posted above, it should work wonders for ya .

gur8

Reaction score
Does anyone know if applying minoxidil on top of Couvre affects the absorption of the minoxidil?

booger

Reaction score
At first I had trouble applying the Couvre', but I'm now starting to get the hang of it. I put it on after washing my hair, add minoxidil, maybe folligen depending on my regimen. Then I put on the Couvre'.

To get a more realistic effect, I just make sure I have a little extra water on my fingers, squirt the Couvre' on, and spread it on the scalp (thinning it occasionally with more water). I start at the center of the scalp where I'm personally the thinnest. By the way, I'm a diffuse thinner too. I've got almost pure white hair (extremely thin), so the real trick for me is to thin the Couvre' out just enough to cover the shine. It's almost like mixing water color paint. In my opinion the most realistic effect is achieved by just covering the shine, not necessarily giving it a heavy coat of white.

That said the approach listed above sounds like just another way to get the same effect, otherwise it can appear too opaque. Use water to thin the makeup like texture a bit. You don't want it transperant, but just opaque enough to stop the shine. Also, don't get it "too" close to the front hairline or it will be noticable. I work from the middle outward and sort of pull it toward the front stopping when it's too close.

At least that seems to work for me.