Could use some insight.

SeveralKneeGrows

Reaction score
Hello, I am 25 I have been going bald since I was 18. Firstly I have considered meds like finasteride but I just don't want to risks the side. Plus since finasteride effects DHT which is a form a testosterone I have always assumed that it would stunt my facial hair growth (not yet full) and even muscle growth (i'm trying to put on some mass). I would like some clarification this. So I turned to minoxidil in hopes that I could maintain my hairline (at least a NW2 probably much higher though). I've been using minoxidil once a day for about 3 months. I haven't really seen any results but its probably to soon. From what I understand minoxidil won't do much on its own so i'm considering stopping it although, i haven't had any sides. I am not sure what to do at this point I feel like the cons outweigh the pros in every possible solution. I've been really depressed lately imagine going bald (and I mean really bald) before you even develop a full beard:( I would really love to maintain whats left of my hair even though I keep it buzzed. I came here because I am inexperienced on the subject and i'm wondering if minoxidil will do anything substantial without a drug like finasteride? Plus I need clarification on whether or not finasteride is safe for adolescence?

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
If you're experiencing this at such a young age, I think you should go to a dermatologist. It has to be mostly genetics, so you should definitely try to start using some Ketoconazole shampoos with a minoxidil first before taking finasteride. I have heard too many negative side effects, and since you're so young.. it's better to stay away (for now anyway)