Could Retin A Reverse Aging Skin From minoxidil ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 year on minoxidil %5, i used a lot, 4ml two times a day, now only 2ml, my skin seems 10 years more older, water retention, bags under eyes and dark circles.

anyone try or know if retin a can help to reverse this effect ?

resu

Reaction score
Post photos of the evidence you claim and maybe someone will help you but in general it shouldn't help much given what you stated.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also a "no" on that. Reverse some of the effects of sun damage on the cellular level but it will not get rid of wrinkles either. I've used minoxidil for decades and haven't seen any effects some describe on the face.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If used properly it will smooth your skin out some from what it is now and should basically keep wrinkles from being able to develop.

Definitely the number 1 topical(in conjunction with sunscreen) to be using if you're worried about skin aging

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I began using Minoxidil when I first discovered it promoted hair growth before Rogaine commercially available. I had pharmacist compound it in 2% solution. Later used the same as it came to market, switched to the 5% foam for a couple years. I forgot exactly when or why I quit using it but that's been at least a couple years too. Started back recently with Murray Ave. 15% with AA . Why, I don't know, maybe I'm bored, maybe praying for a miracle. Anyway, that's it.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
For everyone dismissing the skin aging issue, don't. You might look fine, but one action of minoxidil is to increase collagenase, the enzyme which breaks down collagen. You might still be producing collagen at a higher rate than you're breaking it down, but not everyone is. And as you get older, you produces less and less. So minoxidil does cause skin aging, but it will accelerate skin aging compared to the rate your skin would have aged without it.

That said, retin-a inhibits the production of collagenase, so it seems like it would be a good thing to add. Whether it can completely cancel out the affects of minoxidil specifically is not known, but it's sure going to be better than not using it.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The study where minoxidil inihbit collagen was done on rats and at higher doses, after 1 year i notice my skin worse but maybe its cause i had a lot of water retention

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you did get dark circle ? are you sure of that ?
that might be because of the dose you were taking ( 4 ml)