could really use some advice if you experienced this

liggin22

Reaction score
Ok guys... im on the big three but just recently picked up dr lee's minoxidil about 6 weeks ago. The flakes from the dried minoxidil sometimes can be really excessive. some days its just really bad. is there absolutely anything i can do to get rid of the flakes? I use nizoral twice a week and t sal once a week. Is there anything you guys have found that at least helps or gets rid of it? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
liggin22 said:
Ok guys... im on the big three but just recently picked up dr lee's minoxidil about 6 weeks ago. The flakes from the dried minoxidil sometimes can be really excessive. some days its just really bad. is there absolutely anything i can do to get rid of the flakes? I use nizoral twice a week and t sal once a week. Is there anything you guys have found that at least helps or gets rid of it? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I rotate nizoral, tgel, and panteen. Use a very good conditioner. How often/much minoxidil are you using?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got the super big 'cornflake' size flakes when I started.

Take one day off a week from minoxidil and use a moisturiser instead.

liggin22

Reaction score
hey thanks guys... i use about 1.5 ML per use when i apply (twice a day)... you say take one day off and use a moisturizer.... will that hurt any progress i make? whats a good moisturizer you recommend to use?

SE-freak

Reaction score
liggin22 said:
hey thanks guys... i use about 1.5 ML per use when i apply (twice a day)... you say take one day off and use a moisturizer.... will that hurt any progress i make? whats a good moisturizer you recommend to use?

The zeal and anticipation of a new bigthreer can push him over limits! :freaked2:
I have repeatedly observed that when I use too much minoxidil then it kind of stays on the scalp longer, and where the drops/excess quantity is there is increased flaking and irritation. Do not shower with the stuff. Spread it evenly and do not freak out about it covering every square mm. It diffuses into the skin after absorption.

I believe that your problem is mostly because you are using too much.
Try using the recommended dose and then start skipping applications.