COSTS...help

ruhkus

Reaction score
Hello

I have done my research and decided to get surgery. I visited Dr. Victor Hasson (Hasson & Wong) a couple of weeks ago. I must say he was great and so was his staff. I was very impressed. But skeptism is good quality for patient. I am convinced of the quality of work.

They quoted me a price of 5 dollars each for the first 1500 Grafts and 2.50 for each beyond that. Although I believe that is standard for their office. I have to ask is that what others have paid or been quoted?.... And how is that in comparison to other offices..

eg...3000 Grafts = 11,250 dollars (plus tax)

G

You're average cost is then $3.75 per graft and you're getting a world class surgeon. :wink:

G

Is that $5 price for the first 1500 the same for every procedure you have with him in the future, or is it only for the first and then future procedures every graft is at $2.50? Anyone know?

If it's $5 for the first 1500 on every surgery, ruhkus, I think it makes sense to get 4500-5000 grafts the first time if you have the donor, because you're getting such a deep discount.

4500 grafts would run you $15000 by my math. That's not that much more than what you were quoted for 3000 but you might get a denser result. My point is just that if he charges that for each surgery, it makes sense to get more bang for your buck on the first one.

ruhkus

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.... I was pretty sure I was going to stay with Hasson & Wong regardless of the price. This is not exactly a procedure you go to the lowest bidder with. I just wanted to confirm what others are paying. Dr. Hasson said I was lucky because I have a huge donor area, so I am going to ask him to make it as dense as possible, with as many grafts as absolutely possible. I will let you guys know how it goes......Thanks again

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's a great price from an excellent surgeon.

Did you see any of his patients in person excluding Joe or Doug?
If not make an honest effort to do so, it will help with your decision and put alot of things in perspective.

Best of luck with your decision.

LG

ruhkus

Reaction score
I did meet some of his patients....the funny thing is i didnt know until later. It never even crossed my mind that they had surgery their hair looked just too good.