Copper Peptides after using medicated shampoo

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on using copper peptides such as Folligen or Tricomin, after you have used a medicated shampoo like Nizoral or T/Gel ?

Are there any 'complications' involved in this? Is it 'too harsh' to be applying a solution to a scalp that was just treated with ketoconazole or coal tar or pyrithione zinc in the shower?

Just wondering if there is such a thing as 'over doing it' and if the active ingredients in the shampoos, would have any issues with the active chemicals in the copper peptide solutions..

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I avoid this by applying the copper peptides at night before I got to bed and just shower in the morning

The Gardener

Reaction score
There really is no "one size fits all" rule when it comes to shampoo and topical tolerance. Everyone is different.

Some people on this board apply medicateds and topicals extensively, whereas some people on this board have had a hard time tolerating certain medicateds in particular, but have reacted well to others.

You really have to experiment for yourself and see what works for you, without exacerbating irritation.

misterium

Reaction score
true

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I do, or used to do that and my scalp burnt like a SOB when putting Folligen on after shampooing with nizoral.... Did it work? I don't know but I do know that since starting Folligen my hair has looked like sh*t and falling out like there is no tommorow.....but that is another story