Contradictory hair loss and Hair Growth

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
any advice or opinions very welcome. i am 65, always been Really lucky and had a really good head of hair up until 2 years ago where i suffered a very bad head impact playing indoor 5 side footy of all things which gave me significant whiplash for 3 weeks, had post concussion for months after, then suffered a bad car accident, wrote car off, no real damage apart from further whiplash, bruises from seat belts but had a small burn from airbag on hand which became infected and i went through ten nights of waking at 2 am drenched in freezing cold sweat, i lost a stone in weight in a week!
i seemed to come through everything and started to feel better but about 5 or 6 months later i noticed serious shedding of my head hair and it has continued to shed right up until present day so in total its been shedding for about 18 months, i have noticed my eyebrows are shedding (inner section is worst, from nose out) and gradually over this period i noticed my arm pit and pubic hair is not as dense or growing at its usual pace, apart from my head hair shedding i have noticed that the regrowth all over, back and sides has also slowed. my chest hair is shedding as well, then about 5 months ago i noticed that my beard growth which has always been really fast has slowed dramatically and the hairs are different, more wiry and bristly and at the same time as my beard has slowed there is something rather bizarre happening where i have never really had very much hair at all on my arms and legs but the hairs are growing like wildfire! in fact if it continues i will look like a gorilla on my arms and legs before very much longer, so i have contradictory hair loss and hair growth going on at the same time!! As far as the head hair is concerned if it continues to shed at the rate it is and i dont see any slow down i will have gone from a terrific head of hair to virtually bald on top within 2 years which seems ridiculous!! ??
Does anyone have any experience of this or could anyone please offer advice as to what might possibly be going on??

Thank you very much for any input.
Steve.

jazz1

Reaction score
You seen a dermatologist sounds like Alopecia stress related....... I can suggest products but you need to see a dermatologist first.

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seen a dermatologist sounds like Alopecia stress related....... I can suggest products but you need to see a dermatologist first.
Hi jazz,
thanks for your reply. not seen a dermatologist as of yet, any thoughts on why if its possibly Alopecia i am getting SERIOUS hair growth on arms and legs though? doesnt seem to make sense ? have you ever known that of anyone else to have contradictory loss and growth in different areas on the body?
thanks.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi jazz,
thanks for your reply. not seen a dermatologist as of yet, any thoughts on why if its possibly Alopecia i am getting SERIOUS hair growth on arms and legs though? doesnt seem to make sense ? have you ever known that of anyone else to have contradictory loss and growth in different areas on the body?
thanks.
Alopecia mainly effects the scalp first, I would see a dermatologist first as that way you will have the correct insight.

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alopecia mainly effects the scalp first, I would see a dermatologist first as that way you will have the correct insight.
Hi Jazz,
yea will do but if its alopecia it doesnt make sense to be experiencing significant hair loss in various areas of the body but immense hair growth elsewhere. thanks.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi Jazz,
yea will do but if its alopecia it doesnt make sense to be experiencing significant hair loss in various areas of the body but immense hair growth elsewhere. thanks.

I would get a professional check up first.