Continuing to thin on Propecia after 4 months. Continue?

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Some guys just not responding to it it's not a must that it is a shed

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys, 3 years you mentioned you had doubts continuing propecia in this topic. How are your situations now?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys just not responding to it it's not a must that it is a shed
Give this man a diploma. Thats the real truth, theres no rule that it must shed first, if it sheds alot youre a bad responder.

Too many posters are misleading people, look at that guy boomer now
Definitely stay on it. You've gone this far, so ride it out for at least a year. I had increased shedding for around 5 months, but it slowed down dramatically after that
What a miracle, shedding slowed, now what about his RESULTS, why ommitted? Theres nothing great about it, noone starts finasteride because "so i plan to shed a lot for 6 months and then shed slower, then i will be happy with my hair". Whats good about that, what? Its purely negative, thats what it is.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 18. I have crown and mid-anterior scalp thinning (hairline is fine). Since taking Propecia, it seems like my hair has continued to thin - perhaps even at an increased rate. Should I stick with it? If so, when will I see an arresting of hair loss? The reason I ask is because on the Propecia website, it states that it takes '3 months to slow'.
Did you ever stick with it?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i hope my hair with stop receding , like in the japanese study , starting my 3rd year of propecia . i really hope .

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may not notice any immediate results you might just be able to holdon for hair longer.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please respond if u were a big shedder but it finally started working. How long did u have to wait? I am 8 months using finasteride and it really screwed up my hair. Please let me know.

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for almost a year and nothing but shedding which has caused me great stress. Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me though. I might have maintained overall. Maybe there is no definite line where the meds "start working". My boss, who is obviously heavily balding, went into an angry rant last week and said to me something along the lines of "You are too relaxed, that's why you arn't losing your hair yet". That comment made my day, and made me realize, maybe it is working despite the shedding.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for almost a year and nothing but shedding which has caused me great stress. Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me though. I might have maintained overall. Maybe there is no definite line where the meds "start working". My boss, who is obviously heavily balding, went into an angry rant last week and said to me something along the lines of "You are too relaxed, that's why you arn't losing your hair yet". That comment made my day, and made me realize, maybe it is working despite the shedding.
I wish that was the case for me but i took pics n relative told me i look worst and could potentially need a hair transplant. My hair was fine before finasteride

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From all of the pics and youtube videos of finasteride success. They all look like to not be shedding to a diffuse or worsen state. I seen progression pics and they always seem to be same state or improving in density but i am diffussing like i am a cancer patient going thru chemo. Trust me before i signed up for this forum. I read shedding is normal why i stuck it to 8 months but now i am now sure about this whole shedding phase!

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably just taking a while to work, it takes a few hair cycles to notice results. Like others have said, if you're shedding on the drug, you would have 100% gone bald off the drug.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
medical doctors not just bro science says finasteride doesn't cause shedding itself. i am QUITTING finasteride after being on it 9 months or taking a break from it. i had good scalp coverage/hair before finasteride by just using minoxidil and now my scalp and hair looks like sh*t.

i believe i'm experiencing Telogen Effluvium..i just woke up this morning and my crown is itchy as hell so is the rest of my scalp but especially at crown and thats where it's thinning the most but losing at top of my hair in general this been going on around 2 months...i have no bald spots but severe thinning. i never had Telogen Effluvium or dandruff or scalp issues just minor pimples here and there and some dandruff from liquid minoxidil but not what i'm suffering like now of a burning itching sensation without dandruff but with hair loss instead.

by the way, i been off minoxidil since i started finasteride and had initial shedding around 3 or 4 months after but every seem fine hair wise with sides that kinda went away but 7 months in i got this Telogen Effluvium...they say it takes 6 months for minoxidil to be out of system so it should be. i recently went back on minoxidil due to severe thinning and shedding and as mentioned, i am quitting finasteride...not sure permanently or temporary...stayed on finasteride hoping Telogen Effluvium and severe thinning would go away along (i even tried reducing from 1mg finasteride to .5) nothing is helping so i must quit. if it goes away then it was finasteride.

Last edited: