Consultation Tips And Tricks | What To Ask?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I decided to book a consultation with Dr Konior of Chicago Hair Institute. I was wondering what type of questions are “must-ask”/ good to ask. I an almost 22 years old. Some that I had in mind were:

Is the density on top comparable to my back and sides?

Is there any indication of continued hair loss at the temples or crown(miniturization)?

How long must I maintain on meds before a hair transplant would be an option?

Given my hair characteristics, am I even a good candidate to begin with?

Is there anything that you recommend I add to my regime?

These are my desired results... how many graphs currently would I need?

...This is what I had so far, anything else you guys have asked that has been beneficial to you?

Appreciate any input!

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What growth percentage to expect?

How many days will the procedure take (depending on number of grafts)?

What is the maximum donor capacity?

What is your natural hair density? What is the achievable hair density?

What part of the work the doctor does?

Does the doctor recommend/provide extra treatments like prp, to boost results?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, from my experience here in the SF bay area, you don’t necessarily have to take meds leading up to your surgery, though it could only help. I was told as long as you start the meds immediately after the surgery you’ll be good to go.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, from my experience here in the SF bay area, you don’t necessarily have to take meds leading up to your surgery, though it could only help. I was told as long as you start the meds immediately after the surgery you’ll be good to go.
Erm this depends heavily on age. If a 22 year old came into the office and requested a hair transplant, as a surgeon you would be skeptical without some reassurance that the native hairs will remain intact for years to come. This can only be established with meds for a solid 1-3 years and assessment of how the meds are impacting the young individual.

For older candidates starting meds right after surgery is ok because theyre old enough where their hair loss is stabilized and probably isn’t going to go haywire in the next 2 years.