Considering the next step

GhostInTheShell

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I have been on Propecia for about 4 and 1/2 months. I have been using Nizoral and T-Gel shampoo. Maybe it is how the haircut got my last haircut, but i do believe that my hair has thinned out a bit more since.
My hair is basically thinning in general on the top, as opposed to a balding area on the front or back. I've purchased some Rogaine, but I have heard that it doesnt do much for thinning.

I am considering other options. I think it is too early for a hair transplant...and to be honest i have read some pretty scary things about those.

I know there are other items that, while not FDA approved, are supposed to work quite well (Crinagen, Folligen, Revivogen, Tricomen)
anyone recommend these? What about a lasercomb?

Any help or input is appreciated

SE-freak

Reaction score
What was your initial situation and what is your situation now? Have you taken photos? Can you post some?

My recommendation would be not to change your regimen until enough time has passed for evaluation. 4 1/2 months is too soon. You should have known that when you decided to start a regimen of inhibitors only.

Rogaine is an excellent growth stimulant and works for thinning areas by increasing haircounts. But some times causes an initial shed(2-3 weeks into treatment) and from the sound of you I don't think that you could handle that.

Do not fall into the trap of trying to treat your thinning while being already on a regimen. You will probably cause more shedding. You have decided to start on propecia, which is highly likely to work for you, so give it at least a year till your next regimen addition.