considering a hair transplant...pics of my situation

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried minoxidil, spironolactone and have been on propecia for 1.5 years i am 22 years old. I know that i have agressive hairloss since i have had a receding hairline since 16.

Based on family patterns i will probably end up a norwood 3.5-4. I have the exact same hair as my father (colour, texture, hairloss pattern.)

I want to get a hairtransplant from alvi armani. Not to have my hairline made perfectly (like colin ferrel) but still have a mature receding hairline. My hairline is non-existant, i have to wear my hair long to cover it and my temples.

Here are some pics:

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
i am having trouble putting up pics....could i email them to someone who could post them??

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Has your male pattern baldness continued whilst on Propecia? If so, a transplant wouldn't be a very good idea. The rest of the hair would gradually thin out, leaving patches of transplanted hair in the remaining wasteland.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK, you might not like to hear this but your recession really isnt that bad yet.

It would be a big mistake to have a transplant now because as the others mentioned your hair might continue to recede behind the transplants. You should wait a bit and see if your hairloss stabilises.

dw99

Reaction score
damn dude, your hair looks great... don't waste your money on a transplant. on a side note, i can't uderstand why guys hate receding temples so much... i never thought they looked bad at all... just made a guy look a little more distinguished IMO.

dw99

Reaction score
damn dude, your hair looks great... don't waste your money on a transplant. on a side note, i can't uderstand why guys hate receding temples so much... i never thought they looked bad at all... just made a guy look a little more distinguished IMO.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Your recession isn't that bad at all man.

And dw99, your avatar is hilarious. Reminds me of my cat.

jmoney32

Reaction score
damn, i thought that was my head when i saw those pics. i agree with you, go get a transplant and if your hair gets worse get another one! i have been thinking about gettting one too but havent had the time to get the balling rolling

talbin

Reaction score
My hair is exactly like yours as well. I just got on propecia in January and an going to ride it out for the first year. I already have a lot of dark vellus hairs popping up. Try that first before the transplant.

VWdude

Reaction score
if you drive a trans am with WS6 and big o'l ram air you can use 325 horses to your advantage... chicks just love cars like that , they wont even care about your hair.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't think you need a hair transplant. Not only are my temples worse than yours, but my "peninsula" is more narrow.

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. It doesn't look like you are a good candidate for a hair transplant. Your hair looks pretty good.