Consequences of thining hair

VWdude

Reaction score
so you began losing your hair.... do you start the denial phase first and hope it will pass, or do you panic? Do you immediately begin to isolate youself from the outside world? wear a hat? change your lifestyle to accomodate how you feel people will look at you now? Please share with us all the consequences due to hairloss. As for me? well, I do believe propecia seems to be working for me and I still have the hottest girlfriend out of my friends who have more hair than myself.. so I would say I wear a hat more than I used to...thats about it!

bring on the feedback. Don't be shy.

viperfish

Reaction score
No consequences! Get yourself on a good regimen and move on with your life. There is no reason to feel less superior, due to hairloss.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to say that my lifestyle has changed due to hair loss/thinning. i never intended it to alter (obviously), but i always wear a hat on campus and out at bars. im only hatless in my apartment around my roommates, hopefully if my regimen does the trick, i'll be able to flaunt some sweet locks. my roommate is on propecia now (i saw the pill bottle in the bathroom), he never wears hats, but i know he's self conscious about it. i find myself having cynical thoughts, sleeping a lot more, avoiding certain situations...i think they call that depression. of course, i'll have days when i feel better about my hair, but then the next day it could be completely opposite. i live away from home, and i make visits home less frequently, and i definitely think im less productive at school. oh well, it's a process...the quicker we come to terms with it, the better off we are.

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
The usual. Depression, denial, the "why me?" questioning. Sitting in the back of a classroom so no one can stare at the back of my head. Wearing hats more often. Getting my hair cut shorter. The frustration of trying many different treatment options and coming up empty-handed and blowing big money. But I've gotten used to it over the years. Hopefully my hair transplant will help me put this disaster behind me.