Confused about Finasteride

CalEvans

Reaction score
I'm confused about whether or not I should be using Finasteride (in the form of Proscar) as it claims to have the most undesirable side effects (including erectile dysfunction). And I really don't know which regimen I should be following right now. At 21, I see my hairline moving back and it is most discouraging but I don't want to have hair and no dick. What am I to do?

Cal

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try it, and if you get limp c***, stop taking it. Your junk should return to normal pretty quickly.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you wont get side effects :hairy:

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
I also fear side effects, but most of all gyno. Does anyone have any information about gyno and its relation go finasteride?

How do you know you're getting it and can you stop it?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Me for 3yrs (tried dutasteride for a while) no sides, unfortunatly no great results either.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BEHMESH said:
I also fear side effects, but most of all gyno. Does anyone have any information about gyno and its relation go finasteride?

How do you know you're getting it and can you stop it?

Take an AI to prevent conversion from test to estrogen. Just run a low dose, like 1/4 the reccommended dose.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lordhair said:
Has anyone actually used finasteride and never had side effects?

I got some watery spooge for about a week and then back to normal. A little fleshier looking till I started an AI.

bubka

Reaction score
stop being whining *** titty babies, sides are in less than 3% for the first year... what other drug has sides that are less than 3%

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think it all depends how much male pattern baldness affects you. if hair loss bothers u so much that you're willing to face a few sides (if u get it) then go for it. but if it doesnt bother u at all, then dont bother with finasteride. obviously i care enough about it to take finasteride.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Bubka wrote
stop being whining *** titty babies, sides are in less than 3% for the first year... what other drug has sides that are less than 3%

You’re absolutely right

Here’s a basic example:

Aspirin, Sodium Bicarbonate, and Citric Acid (Systemic)
AKA Alka-Seltzer

Get emergency help immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Any loss of hearing; bloody urine; confusion; convulsions (seizures); diarrhea (severe or continuing); difficulty in swallowing; dizziness, lightheadedness, or feeling faint (severe); drowsiness (severe); excitement or nervousness (severe); fast or deep breathing; flushing, redness, or other change in skin color; hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); nausea or vomiting (severe or continuing); shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, or wheezing; stomach pain (severe or continuing); swelling of eyelids, face, or lips; unexplained fever; uncontrollable flapping movements of the hands (especially in elderly patients); vision problems

Also, check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

Less common or rare
Bloody or black, tarry stools; frequent urge to urinate; headache (severe or continuing) ; increased blood pressure; loss of appetite (continuing); mood or mental changes ; muscle pain or twitching; ringing or buzzing in ears (continuing); skin rash, hives, or itching; slow breathing; swelling of face, fingers, ankles, feet, or lower legs; unpleasant taste; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds ; weight gain (unusual)

From here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682878.html

SIDE EFFECTS
Antiarthritic Effect
In MI Prophylaxis

Gastrointestinal reactions: Doses of 1,000 mg per day of aspirin caused gastrointestinal symptoms and bleeding that, in some cases, were clinically significant. In the largest postinfarction study (the Aspirin Myocardial Infarction Study (AMIS) with 4,500 people), the percentage of incidences of gastrointestinal symptoms for the aspirin (1,000 mg of a standard, solid-tablet formulation) and placebo-treated subjects, respectively, were stomach pain (14.5%, 4.4%), heartburn (11.9%, 4.8%), nausea and/or vomiting (7.6%, 2.1%), hospitalization for GI disorder (4.9%, 3.5%). In the A.I. and other trials, aspirin-treated patients had increased rates of gross gastrointestinal bleeding. Symptoms and signs of gastrointestinal irritation were not significantly increased in subjects treated for unstable angina with buffered aspirin in solution

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't get you guys sometimes. You seem so worried about your hair but you are scared of the sides. Try it, see how you react and hopefully you will tolerate the drug. If not, just stop treatment. Its that simple!

docj077

Reaction score
Strat54 said:
Bubka wrote

You’re absolutely right

Here’s a basic example:

[quote:a961e]Aspirin, Sodium Bicarbonate, and Citric Acid (Systemic)
AKA Alka-Seltzer

Get emergency help immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Any loss of hearing; bloody urine; confusion; convulsions (seizures); diarrhea (severe or continuing); difficulty in swallowing; dizziness, lightheadedness, or feeling faint (severe); drowsiness (severe); excitement or nervousness (severe); fast or deep breathing; flushing, redness, or other change in skin color; hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); nausea or vomiting (severe or continuing); shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, or wheezing; stomach pain (severe or continuing); swelling of eyelids, face, or lips; unexplained fever; uncontrollable flapping movements of the hands (especially in elderly patients); vision problems

Also, check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

Less common or rare
Bloody or black, tarry stools; frequent urge to urinate; headache (severe or continuing) ; increased blood pressure; loss of appetite (continuing); mood or mental changes ; muscle pain or twitching; ringing or buzzing in ears (continuing); skin rash, hives, or itching; slow breathing; swelling of face, fingers, ankles, feet, or lower legs; unpleasant taste; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds ; weight gain (unusual)

From here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682878.html

SIDE EFFECTS
Antiarthritic Effect
In MI Prophylaxis

Gastrointestinal reactions: Doses of 1,000 mg per day of aspirin caused gastrointestinal symptoms and bleeding that, in some cases, were clinically significant. In the largest postinfarction study (the Aspirin Myocardial Infarction Study (AMIS) with 4,500 people), the percentage of incidences of gastrointestinal symptoms for the aspirin (1,000 mg of a standard, solid-tablet formulation) and placebo-treated subjects, respectively, were stomach pain (14.5%, 4.4%), heartburn (11.9%, 4.8%), nausea and/or vomiting (7.6%, 2.1%), hospitalization for GI disorder (4.9%, 3.5%). In the A.I. and other trials, aspirin-treated patients had increased rates of gross gastrointestinal bleeding. Symptoms and signs of gastrointestinal irritation were not significantly increased in subjects treated for unstable angina with buffered aspirin in solution
[/quote:a961e]

Yeah, but Alka-Seltzer is one of the most powerful drugs on the face of planet. I thought this was public knowledge.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
lordhair said:
Has anyone actually used finasteride and never had side effects?

I got some watery spooge for about a week and then back to normal. A little fleshier looking till I started an AI.

Thinning, hello.

I wanna get on finasteride....
and I dont wanna get male boobs...what else should I take?
You said to take 1/4 of AI, what is it?

Thanks!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how do u know you'll get gyno if u go on finasteride???