Concerned about my Proscar

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought my proscar from an online source which according to these forums is reliable. After taking my proscar for a couple of months I realised something odd. The box, blister packs and pills all looked very legit, but i suddenly realised there were 3 blister packs in the box. A proscar blister pack contains 14 pills each so this makes for 42 pills in total. But on the box its says there should only be 28 pills (2 blister packs).

So for some reason I have an extra blister pack in my box. This has got me concenred that this stuff is actually not what it seems. And that someone other than Merck has been putting stuff in these boxes.

The box has batch number printed on it. All 3 blister packs have the same batch number printed on them. Im not sure if if that is significant but i thought i would mention it.

I guess what I want to know, has this happened to anyone else and am I right in being suspicious of my pills?

cheers, jc

beaner

Reaction score
Why don't you send an e-mail to the pharmacy that you purchased these pills and ask them why you received 14 extra pills in your order? I'm sure they'll be able to provide a better answer than someone here who would have no clue as to why this happened. If it was one of the frequently used pharms mentioned on this site, then you probably have nothing to worry about.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice, maybe I will email them, but if the medicine is dodgy they are hardly going to say "okay, you got us!".

I thought these forums were for matters like these. I would be very interested to know if other people have ever had this problem, and if so, where they got their proscar from.

At the end of the day how can we be 100% sure about online meds? We can't really, so we have to communicate and look out for each other.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jc444 said:
thanks for the advice, maybe I will email them, but if the medicine is dodgy they are hardly going to say "okay, you got us!".

Exactly.

You need to let me know which pharm you ordered your drugs from. You can PM me if you want.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
jc444 said:
At the end of the day how can we be 100% sure about online meds? We can't really, so we have to communicate and look out for each other.

You can't be...that's why it's a bad idea to order from these online non-entities. Just go to the doctor and get a prescription. He won't bite. All your worries will be over.

Cassin

Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
jc444 said:

You can't be...that's why it's a bad idea to order from these online non-entities. Just go to the doctor and get a prescription. He won't bite. All your worries will be over.

agreed.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My doctor refused me a prescription for Propecia on the grounds of character and told me he was surprised I wasn't taking my hair loss better. I told him I couldn't think of a better way to handle it than to fight it.

Some doctors are just assholes.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
tchehov said:
My doctor refused me a prescription for Propecia on the grounds of character and told me he was surprised I wasn't taking my hair loss better. I told him I couldn't think of a better way to handle it than to fight it.

Some doctors are just assholes.

I'm going to assume that you don't live in a garbage can 3rd world shithole corner of planet. You may very well.... but in case you don't:

Find another doctor to prescribe it.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In order to get another NHS doctor I have to go through a patient transfer process in which my old doctor has to recommend me to a new doctor and I have to give good reasons to both for wanting to transfer at all. If my current doctor wants to deny me Propecia then any new doctor will take his lead from that and I will appear to be some sort of paranoid who switches doctors at the drop of a hair if I don't get my own way.

And I don't like pissing doctors off because someday I might get really ill.

I don't have an issue with overseas meds, I'm really only pointing out that some people find themselves in a bind if they go against the opinion of a medical professional.

Pondle

Reaction score
tchehov said:
In order to get another NHS doctor I have to go through a patient transfer process in which my old doctor has to recommend me to a new doctor and I have to give good reasons to both for wanting to transfer at all. If my current doctor wants to deny me Propecia then any new doctor will take his lead from that and I will appear to be some sort of paranoid who switches doctors at the drop of a hair if I don't get my own way.

And I don't like pissing doctors off because someday I might get really ill.

I don't have an issue with overseas meds, I'm really only pointing out that some people find themselves in a bind if they go against the opinion of a medical professional.

I can't see the grounds on which your Doctor can refuse a private prescription for hair loss. Propecia is an MHRA approved drug. NHS Direct provides information on hair loss medications http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... onId=28897

However, given that you live in the UK, you have two easy alternatives for getting legit finasteride:

1. Boots Hair Retention Programme - http://www.boots.com/microsites/microsi ... irectory=3

2. Order Proscar from Dr John Ashcroft, a NHS GP who will prescribe and dispatch throughout the UK. Tel: 07971472823, email: jsashcroft@doctors.org.uk