Composition of hormones etc in a newborn's scalp

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This article got me thinking. Has there ever been a study on what type and concentrations of different hormones and chemicals that are present in scalps of babies? Especially when the the hair follicles will be activated to produce new hair. If we had this info, we could trigger the activation of our dormant hair follicles? I wonder what the PGD2 concentrations are like....

Hair Loss in Babies

It is completely natural for babies to experience some amount of hair loss. Even babies who emerge from the womb with a head of thick hair can have a head as bald as Michael Jordan’s in a matter of weeks. Parents’ may worry that something is wrong and wonder what has happened to their son or daughter’s beautiful locks, but they can be assured that hair loss is a completely normal process that a baby often endures and it is extremely rare that a baby’s loss of hair signifies a more sinister and underlying health problem.

The reasons behind hair loss within babies are mostly hormonal. When a baby is inside its mother’s womb, the infant receives a high amount of hormones from his mother. When the baby is born these hormone levels begin to drop at a fairly rapid rate, which eventually stagnate and the hair enters into a resting phase, which prevents it from growing any more. As your baby’s hair begins a new growth cycle, the old hair will start to fall out and your baby could end up having patchy hair or even no hair whatsoever until the new hair comes through. Typically a babies ‘second round’ of hair is stronger and less ‘cotton wool’ like than the hair he or she was born with. Asides from it growing back a different texture, many infant’s hair also grows back a different color, much to the amazement of the baby’s parents.

blondguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is ANY significant research being done on hairloss in the first place? Especially when you consider all the major drugs that combat hair loss were discovered accidentally I wonder how much money/time is actually being invested into hair loss solutions.

Just imagine if someone invested a billion dollars into hair loss research what could come of it!