Combining Rogaine and Revivogen

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I am adding Revivogen once daily into my routine. Currently using Rogaine foam twice daily with very good results. How long should I wait after applying one before applying the other? I was thinking at least 3 hours, any ideas? Don't want to interfere with the results I am getting from Rogaine. Thanks

G

why would you add revivogen if you're already on finasteride?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman,

Looking to pull the plug on finasteride, libido is too erratic, so I am looking to go topical using Revivogen that I just received and spironolactone that I just ordered. If it doesn't pan out will go back to finasteride.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
You could also try a lower dose of finasteride....

To answer your question, the Revivogen bottle says 3 hours; the Rogaine bottle says 4 hours.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, don't you think the combination of finasteride and spironolactone or revivogen would be very effective at reducing DHT in the scalp and possibly buy someone additional years above baseline?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure, everything helps, if you add this stuff in now with finasteride you may possibly get the results of dutasteride without the unknown side effects of actually taking it. Sooner or later in the future you will begin to lose ground but at least you will be at a better point due to their combined effects.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
Sure, everything helps, if you add this stuff in now with finasteride you may possibly get the results of dutasteride without the unknown side effects of actually taking it.

Yeah, I guess this was kind of my point. If only there was some hard data to back this up. I would much rather go the finasteride + topical route - I just wish I knew how much time/hair I was getting.

I switched from finasteride to revivogen (because an order of finasteride never arrived) and can't say I lost any ground, nor really gained any. I've held pretty steady. I hope whatever you choose works for you. Good luck.

G

holbrook, i think finasteride+spironolactone would add more years. not convinced that finasteride+revivogen would add more.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
jholbrook said:
I switched from finasteride to revivogen (because an order of finasteride never arrived) and can't say I lost any ground, nor really gained any. I've held pretty steady. I hope whatever you choose works for you. Good luck.

Looking at your listed regime I see you changed over June 06. How long were you on finasteride? Did you get any results and have you held these results until now? In light of your results maybe I will be just as lucky.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
I cut back from .5 mg to .25 mg of finasteride in March '06 after about 9 months. At that time, I also added revivogen. Then I had an online order of finasteride that didn't show up and thought to hell with it. All I can say is that I've pretty much held steady; no noticeable regrowth on finasteride or revivogen.

The only time I ever shed was when I started revivogen - at about 2 weeks - but I can't make any conclusions because I was also using finasteride at the time.

I'm a believer in "buying" time until something better comes along, and as of right now, I've got finasteride/dutasteride/spironolactone to fall back on.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
jholbrook,

Thanks for following up on your experience with these. I am hoping to hold the status quo with revivogen. I do not think I have gotten much benefit from finasteride, since only being on it for less than 4 months, possibly it is holding my native hairs from further loss while the rogaine does the work of regrowing. Hopefully revivogen and eventually the addition of spironolactone will do the same without making my libido look like a rollercoaster ride.