Combining Finasteride With Other Vitamins/supplements (niacin)

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone on here taking Niacin (to improve blood flow and circulation) with Finasteride?? I just picked up some, and took a 500mg dose and now I am experiencing a "Niacin Flush" from my scalp down to my toes. My question is, does affect the overall performance of Finasteride? I read that Niacin flushes drugs/medication from the system - so I don't want to hinder the Finasteride. I bought the Niacin to assist in the hair loss battle.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me.

Be happy having a flush ) That's how it works, removing PGD2. Previously was thought it generates PGD2, what is bad. But later researches have shown that Niacin "flush" it out. As a result there is less inflammation in dermal adipose tissue. And less new fibrosis. Final effect could be compared to finasteride, only without hormonal tricks.

Daily regimen (niacin, not niacinamide!):
- 1gm
- on empty stomach
- don't eat right after
- better before sleep, as it can cause sedative effects.

Here is a hypothesis, why and how it works:

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me.

Be happy having a flush ) That's how it works, removing PGD2. Previously was thought it generates PGD2, what is bad. But later researches have shown that Niacin "flush" it out. As a result there is less inflammation in dermal adipose tissue. And less new fibrosis. Final effect could be compared to finasteride, only without hormonal tricks.

Daily regimen (niacin, not niacinamide!):
- 1gm
- on empty stomach
- don't eat right after
- better before sleep, as it can cause sedative effects.

Here is a hypothesis, why and how it works:
Oh nice!! Thanks for the reply! I actually ended up enjoying the Niacin flush. I usually take it right before bed time. I am still taking Finasteride (1mg per day) as well. So far so good!!

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The multivitamins that my derm prescripted me twice a day have 5 mg niacin, 5000 mcg biotin and 15 mg zinc per pill, along with other stuff. I also take 1 mg finasteride EOD, but cannot speak much yet because I started two weeks ago.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The multivitamins that my derm prescripted me twice a day have 5 mg niacin, 5000 mcg biotin and 15 mg zinc per pill, along with other stuff. I also take 1 mg finasteride EOD, but cannot speak much yet because I started two weeks ago.
5mg? or 5gm?
the first dose is near to nothing. the second one is, imho, too huge :)

ps. if you experience severe flush, try to raise the dose from 100mg to 1gm steadily.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg? or 5gm?

ps. if you experience severe flush, try to raise the dose from 100mg to 1gm steadily.
Yeah only 5 mg per pill. No flushing so far. I too think that 10000 mcg or 10 mg of biotin daily is overkill but it shouldn't be detrimental for my hair right? It seems to be making my nails grow very fast though, along with my hair. I shaved my head to a close no guard last week and twelve days layer i look like I got a number 1/number 2 buzzcut.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah only 5 mg per pill. No flushing so far. I too think that 10000 mcg or 10 mg of biotin daily is overkill but it shouldn't be detrimental for my hair right? It seems to be making my nails grow very fast though, along with my hair. I shaved my head to a close no guard last week and twelve days layer i look like I got a number 1/number 2 buzzcut.
yeah, i tend to think that biotin and other "boosters", as i call them, have very little with Androgenetic Alopecia. as they don't affect critical Androgenetic Alopecia provoking factor - inflammation/fibrosis. Niacin, imho, is possible to prevent fibrosis in dermal adipose tissue, deactivating PGD2 pathway.

ps. Imho, the only other helpful vitamin - E/Tocotrienols. It enlarges dermal adipose tissue. Could be affective for mild alopecia. Or for aggressive one, if taken with anti-androgens or powerful anti-fibrotic agents.

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg? or 5gm?

yeah, i tend to think that biotin and other "boosters", as i call them, have very little with Androgenetic Alopecia. as they don't affect critical Androgenetic Alopecia provoking factor - inflammation/fibrosis. Niacin, imho, is possible to prevent fibrosis in dermal adipose tissue, deactivating PGD2 pathway.

ps. Imho, the only other helpful vitamin - E/Tocotrienols. It enlarges dermal adipose tissue. Could be affective for mild alopecia. Or for aggressive one, if taken with anti-androgens or powerful anti-fibrotic agents.
I take between 500mg to 1000mg daily. Is that okay?

jazz1

Reaction score
I use these.....

Attachments

• 06733567-A23F-484F-851A-5DA8826D2BB1.jpeg
    06733567-A23F-484F-851A-5DA8826D2BB1.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 70