Combining Finasteride & Dutasteride - Dosage?

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been taking finasteride at 0.25mg once a day for the past 3 years. A year ago, I added dutasteride at 0.5mg 3times a week.

I've read both that 1) finasteride & dutasteride work differently so there is merit in taking both simultaneously, & 2) dutasteride has a 48hr half-life, approximately. Therefore, I'm thinking of increasing my dosage of dutasteride, since with a 48hr half-life, I'm not fully covered over the course of a week.

Please can anyone give me advise on dosages?

FYI, I have been maintaining well for the past 3 years although I just recently had a FUE and now want to ensure I keep the new hair.

Thanks
Cliff

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just move up to 1mg finasteride instead of inceasing dutasteride? Seems safer, especially since you've been maintaining and just had an FUE, should be nothing but good results to come; instead of a backfire.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not just move up to 1mg finasteride instead of inceasing dutasteride? Seems safer, especially since you've been maintaining and just had an FUE, should be nothing but good results to come; instead of a backfire.

Pephair, thanks for the reply.

Well a year ago, when I started dutasteride, I wanted to improve my situation (even though finasteride was maintaining, I wasn't satisfied). I'd read that dutasteride may further improve my hair loss and started dutasteride x2 a week. I'm now x3 a week on dutasteride and x7 a week on finasteride.

I want to keep dutasteride in my regime since it blocks such a high % of DHT but I'm trying to figure out the optimal dose per week - balancing between taking enough dutasteride to block DHT, but of course no so much to open myself to potential sides.