Combine Oral and Topical Finasteride?

Diego96

Reaction score
Hey Gents,

Just wondering if anyone has combined oral Finasteride (1.25mg daily or similar) with a topical solution containing 0.1% (1 mg) finasteride or more and yielded positive results?

Currently thinking of switching to a minoxidil solution that contains topical finasteride to supplement my daily dosage of oral finasteride.

Cheers.

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done it in the past with 1.25 mg topical + .25 mg oral. I had good results. I gradually switched to 1.25 oral with no topical. I think I have lost ground, but I'm not sure, since I'm still shedding.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a Youtuber (Max Kesik) who does this, since he claims that oral finasteride gave him slight gyno. I think he does something like 0.5 mg thrice a week (Mon-Wed-Fri) and topical finasteride the other days.

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with topical finasteride (+ a small dose of oral) out of fear for side effects and I think I had better results with it, though I'm not sure. I used to grind 5mg tabs and mix them in minoxidil solution, but I stopped, cause it was so inconvenient. Now, I want to reintroduce it, but I'm waiting for the shedding to stop, so I can tell if it works or not.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’m trying this adding a couple 5mg tabs to my minoxidil bottle and taking 1.25mg everyday. Into month 2 of this....

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
1615255967604.jpeg