Cleaning Lace System? C22 Oily Residue

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never doubted your experience anyway.
Okey thank you for explanation i will try it next time.
Do you have a speacial cleaning method with diswashing that you would recommend ?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never doubted your experience anyway.
Okey thank you for explanation i will try it next time.
Do you have a speacial cleaning method with diswashing that you would recommend ?

OK, so please understand... you ONLY use this if you can't wash all the C-22 out of the hair with cool water.

After rinsing with cool water... soak the system in a container with cool water and a few drops of the soap... just enough to make some suds. You should let the system soak a good 15 minutes. And then massage the hair, gently with your fingers to get the soap to get at the white, thick mess that can result from using the C-22.

Now rinse the hair in lots of cool, running water....

After that, shampoo and condition as usual.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use dish soap too. It was a bad idea.

Someone taught me that the trick is to use c22, and then before applying ant water at all you should apply shampoo to the c22 areas. And then rinse out.

That has made my life far easier and involved zero dish soap from that point on.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was... horrible!!! I found handling these tapes to be impossible. They would NOT stick to the lace... it may have something to do with the climate... it's been 33º for months... and humid.

I trashed them... and bought the Lace Front regular tapes, instead. They are awesome
Are these thinner than normal tape? I was using the 3mil tape on the poly unit I had and it was amazing. I have a lace front now and it doesn’t seem to stick nearly as good. My girlfriend actually does all the taping for me and she was having a tough tough time working with the 3mil on the lace. She even said “can we not use another tape for the front”.

How would you compare the thinness of this tape to the 3mil?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are these thinner than normal tape? I was using the 3mil tape on the poly unit I had and it was amazing. I have a lace front now and it doesn’t seem to stick nearly as good. My girlfriend actually does all the taping for me and she was having a tough tough time working with the 3mil on the lace. She even said “can we not use another tape for the front”.

How would you compare the thinness of this tape to the 3mil?

They are thinner than normal, since there is no plastic base... it's just adhesive.

The stick great to poly, but they are called "Lace Front Support, thin". I find the regular Lace Front Support to be perfect, best I have used so far.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are thinner than normal, since there is no plastic base... it's just adhesive.

The stick great to poly, but they are called "Lace Front Support, thin". I find the regular Lace Front Support to be perfect, best I have used so far.
I am a little confused. The lace front thin are the 3mil ones I thought? Are they 2 different tapes? The one I used is 3mil and it’s only adhesive, but worked great on the poly unit but not so much on the lace.

The lace front support ones you speak of that you like... are they any thinner than a typical tape such as Walker ultra hold?

In terms of thickness would you say they are in between the lace thin (presumably 3mil) and a typical tape such as ultra?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
OK, so please understand... you ONLY use this if you can't wash all the C-22 out of the hair with cool water.

After rinsing with cool water... soak the system in a container with cool water and a few drops of the soap... just enough to make some suds. You should let the system soak a good 15 minutes. And then massage the hair, gently with your fingers to get the soap to get at the white, thick mess that can result from using the C-22.

Now rinse the hair in lots of cool, running water....

After that, shampoo and condition as usual.
Why cool water, though? Why not warm?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use C22 on my lace system to clean any glue or tape residue.

Then I apply conditioner to the lace and hair, to give the hair some protection before I shampoo.

Then I shampoo to ensure everything really is all washed out properly.
Finally, I condition one last time, leaving the conditioner in the hair for 5-10 mins.

I only use lukewarm water (on the colder side), never too cold and absolutely never hot so that the hair isn’t ever damaged.

It’s important to always wash the system upside down too, to prevent hairs from washing through to the other side of the lace.

This method protects the hair well and allows for a decent clean of the lace.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Walkers this morning because I got curious about the lace front tape. Here is the response:

“Our Lace Front Tape is8.5 MILs thick, dull finish Hypoallergenic medium residue with a 2 to 3 week hold time.

Our Ultra Hold Tape is 11.5 Mils thick, semi dull finish Skin Safe with a high residue with a 2 to 3 week hold time.”

So definitely not has thin as the 3mil tape, but thinner than regular tape.

I guess I’ll be ordering it on Amazon and trying it out next week.

Thanks for the suggestion!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Walkers this morning because I got curious about the lace front tape. Here is the response:

“Our Lace Front Tape is8.5 MILs thick, dull finish Hypoallergenic medium residue with a 2 to 3 week hold time.

Our Ultra Hold Tape is 11.5 Mils thick, semi dull finish Skin Safe with a high residue with a 2 to 3 week hold time.”

So definitely not has thin as the 3mil tape, but thinner than regular tape.

I guess I’ll be ordering it on Amazon and trying it out next week.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Good luck...

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to try the lace front support (not the thin... which I can't get to work) for a client... this may be a good solution for the hairline. I will update.

Good luck.
Can you send me a link to the ones that didn’t work for you? I don’t see a difference between lace front and lace front support. I don’t even see two different products. It looks to me that they all are called Lace Front Support (or lace front support thin, which neither one of us can work with although if you can get it to work they work great).

Thanks!!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you send me a link to the ones that didn’t work for you? I don’t see a difference between lace front and lace front support. I don’t even see two different products. It looks to me that they all are called Lace Front Support (or lace front support thin, which neither one of us can work with although if you can get it to work they work great).

Thanks!!

Lace front: Works for me

Lace Front Support (Thin): Didn't

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotcha! Thanks.

Do you have issues with residue on the front lace ones? I used them on all lace this weekend and seemed to have a good low profile hold but I had to redo the hairline yesterday because I had a very noticeable wrinkle and it was a job getting off the residue. Note, I did use scalp protector and it was after I showered.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, if they could somehow make the low profile ones easier to work with they would be amazing. I have used them a few times and they hold extremely well and are great for the hairline but you are about ready to retire from messing with hairpieces when you deal with them!

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My clients who are doing an exposed hairline are using the new Lace Front contours, and minis... and are very happy. Very good hold in a hot, Middle Eastern climate, and they also do sports.

I would love to use tape at the hairline, but haven't found one that even comes close to acceptable for an exposed hairline. I would love to see a photo of the Mini's and contour on the hairline looks.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Lace Front Minis. Just noticed I have a piece of fuzz in my hair so ignore the white dot! Also, I’m only 6 months into this and still feel like I’m learning correct ways of doing things so it may not look up to an established members standards, but I’m satisfied with it I’ve tried several tapes at the hairline.... Lace front thin is by far the best, but impossible to work with. These are the second best so far. Only thing is if you see my previous comment, I had a tough time with the residue last night, but that could easily be my error.

82904DFD-E26A-4925-A3B8-C5E54694A0F5.jpeg
B92A7421-5CB4-4D27-9FDE-C033E42F31F2.jpeg