chr1s's story (please help...)

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Basically I just turned 24 last month november. I usually style my hair by sort of lifting it in the front sort of spikey with gel. I've had my hair style this way for a while without a problem. Very recently I have noticed my hair to thin slightly at the front. The thinning isn't that obvious but I can tell because I know my hair. I asked my mother she didn't notice anything until I pointed it out she then noticed it a bit. I remeber getting an itching or burning sensation in this spot probably once or twice within the past few months. Also my hairs have been falling out a little bit more than usual, I would look at my computer desk and see hairs on my keyboard like everyday wich normally never happens also when I shower or gel my hair I get hairs in my fingers, i'd say about 15 or more hairs a day when a few months ago this never happened

I have been a little stressed recently but not really enough to cause this to happen. I haven't taken any vitmains in a while I usually take Centrum daily and I haven't been sleeping all too well.

Basically I've been having symptoms that other guys have had right before they started losing a lot of hair and im scared to death. My dad is 46 with a full head of hair and I'd like to be like him when I get older.

I want to know a few things:

1) What is male pattern baldness(i think thats the name)? How do I get tested for it, is it possible I have it, how can you tell?

2) Will the hair in the front of my head go back to normal with good sleep, vitamins and just relaxing.

3) Whats the best way to lessen the slight thinning appearance at the front of the hairline. I have seen some products on the site has anyone here tried them? I am allergic to lots of things, do those products have a fragrance? or are they fragrance free? Anyone expreienced any allergies while using them? By them I mean the toppik and the Couvre because I think those would suit my situation.

Basically I've just begun to notice a slight thinning pattern around the front of my head just a bit and I want to hault it right now, where do I go where do I start what do I do, please help this shyt is giving me a panic attack lol.

G

Re: chr1s's story ...please help...

chr1s said:
Hey all

Basically I just turned 24 last month november. I usually style my hair by sort of lifting it in the front sort of spikey with gel. I've had my hair style this way for a while without a problem. Very recently I have noticed my hair to thin slightly at the front. The thinning isn't that obvious but I can tell because I know my hair. I asked my mother she didn't notice anything until I pointed it out she then noticed it a bit. I remeber getting an itching or burning sensation in this spot probably once or twice within the past few months. Also my hairs have been falling out a little bit more than usual, I would look at my computer desk and see hairs on my keyboard like everyday wich normally never happens also when I shower or gel my hair I get hairs in my fingers, i'd say about 15 or more hairs a day when a few months ago this never happened

I have been a little stressed recently but not really enough to cause this to happen. I haven't taken any vitmains in a while I usually take Centrum daily and I haven't been sleeping all too well.

Basically I've been having symptoms that other guys have had right before they started losing a lot of hair and im scared to death. My dad is 46 with a full head of hair and I'd like to be like him when I get older.

I want to know a few things:

1) What is male pattern baldness(i think thats the name)? How do I get tested for it, is it possible I have it, how can you tell?

2) Will the hair in the front of my head go back to normal with good sleep, vitamins and just relaxing.

3) Whats the best way to lessen the slight thinning appearance at the front of the hairline. I have seen some products on the site has anyone here tried them? I am allergic to lots of things, do those products have a fragrance? or are they fragrance free? Anyone expreienced any allergies while using them? By them I mean the toppik and the Couvre because I think those would suit my situation.

Basically I've just begun to notice a slight thinning pattern around the front of my head just a bit and I want to hault it right now, where do I go where do I start what do I do, please help this shyt is giving me a panic attack lol.

Post some of your before and current frontal hair pics so people here can better guide you....

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have to take some new pics, basically there hasn't been any drastic change my hair still looks the same I just started notice the front is thinning a slight tad bit and more hair keeps falling each day as i shower and style my hair. If I brush all my hair foward nothing at all is noticable but If I spike it up the way everone likes I notice litte something.

Do I have to see a dermatologist or what do I do? I live in NYC does anyone know a good dermatologist in the area? I never been to a derm and i've had such bad experience with doctors throwing shyt at me that I don't really need.