CHINESE & FAR EASTERN PEOPLE IN GENERAL.

almostbald

Reaction score
one thing i have noticed is that the vast majority of chinese and japanese oriental people in general, always have great hair. its usually really really healthy, and dandruff/ inflammation free.

i think studies should be conducted on these people, to see what it is that makes them have such healthy hair.

is it because thier hormone levels are usually quite low. because they tend to be quite shy and modest and reserved most of the time.

what do u guys think?

Jyn

Reaction score
I know alot of Chinese (I live in California) and I can tell you, they are not free from male pattern baldness. Asian hair though is stronger than most hair. A Black friend of mine staying in Japan told me how one time she bought some Japanese hair coloring from a store there and it made her hair break, turns out the hair coloring made for Japanese hair which is stronger than afro hair.

As for being shy and reserved, that's a stereotype. If they are like that it's from culture and family upbringing. There are plenty of wild and crazy asians where I'm from. :lol:

G

almostbald said:
one thing i have noticed is that the vast majority of chinese and japanese oriental people in general, always have great hair. its usually really really healthy, and dandruff/ inflammation free.

i think studies should be conducted on these people, to see what it is that makes them have such healthy hair.

is it because thier hormone levels are usually quite low. because they tend to be quite shy and modest and reserved most of the time.

what do u guys think?

Sorry but there is not data (to my knowledge) to support your contention that Asians have less male pattern baldness. In fact, years back, there was a study I came across that indicated the same relative male pattern baldness rates among the general race categories.

guy38

Reaction score
I am friends with a chinese girl who has thinning in the back/top of her head. It's not super bad, but it's there. And it's not because she eats an american diet because she doesn't. Chinese food almost everyday, green tea etc. She works out everyday too so it's not like she is letting herself go or anything like that. Maybe it's stress because she has a full time job while her boyfriend doesn't work - even leaves the yard work for her when she gets home.

G

guy38 said:
I am friends with a chinese girl who has thinning in the back/top of her head. It's not super bad, but it's there. And it's not because she eats an american diet because she doesn't. Chinese food almost everyday, green tea etc. She works out everyday too so it's not like she is letting herself go or anything like that. Maybe it's stress because she has a full time job while her boyfriend doesn't work - even leaves the yard work for her when she gets home.

And maybe it is just random variation in genetics!

Either way, I hope she makes a comeback of sorts with her hair.

Good luck

:lol:

G

I read a study that said Chinese girls rock!!! But I wrote the study myself just now based on observation of unnamed websites so take my study with a grain of salt....What am I talking about? Chinese girls DO rock! :D :lol:

guy38

Reaction score
Yeddie said:
I read a study that said Chinese girls rock!!! But I wrote the study myself just now based on observation of unnamed websites so take my study with a grain of salt....What am I talking about? Chinese girls DO rock! :D :lol:

They are also more honest than most americans...Very recently this one risked her job to let me know I was being setup at work. About 6 or so other people knew as well..some who were supposed to be friends..well they were all too scared to tell me. Well I took care of the problem and now it's payback time..:)

hair scare

Reaction score
the answer -genes, but if u notice, a lot of the girls are thin, take notice...yeah, uh i'll have none of that lol......

G

This is the Tshirt that gets me the most *** (I hope they let me link it)

a04_001.jpg

And Chinese people are NOT more honest than Americans. Take a handfull of people in a room and don't expect one to act with virtue based on race or country of origin...

Except when it comes to sucky sucky :lol:

JohnnyO

Reaction score
I'm an asian guy.....

I don't know if you'd include filipinos into your little theory.... but anyways, i'm filipino and i first noticed hair loss when i was 15..... i'm almost 23 now and so far i've been losing hair at a fairly slow rate but you can still notice my receding hairline and thinning areas...... it is true though, i do notice that there aren't too many asians (orientals specifically) suffering from hair loss..... it's probably b/c asians don't produce as much testosterone as all the other ethnic groups...... i on the other hand, am THE hairiest asian guy in canada..... i guess i have too much testosterone for an asian and that's why i'm going bald :( ....

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Something I read a long time ago, cant recall the exact name.

Something about centuries of trade with western culture had the effect

of an average adult male size of + 3 inches(total height) increased male pattern baldness and who knows what else.

Asians have slightly less test then your average caucasian and a bit more estrogen.

Then again, northern europeans and blacks are supposed to have up to 18% more test , there male pattern baldness rates are about the same , heck, getting it at a later age on average then the average normal test guy

Axon

Reaction score
I've heard a few theories that the "western" style diet (heavier on red meat, fats, less fish, etc) contributes to male pattern baldness, as well as the fairly noteable trend of larger Asians of late.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
almostbald said:

:&: Talk to me, tell me your name
You blow me off like it's all the same
You lit a fuse and now I'm ticking away
Like a bomb yeah, Baby :%:

Ha ha! Theory one disproved lol

But honestly, I'm bloody shy too.. I recon its to do with the asian way of bringing up children. Basically, do yor work, play your damn piano, don't go out its dangerous, why aren't you home by 10pm, stop spending money, who keeps calling you.. etc etc :)

Axon - you saying i'm fat? lol

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: I'm an asian guy.....

JohnnyO said:
I don't know if you'd include filipinos into your little theory.... but anyways, i'm filipino and i first noticed hair loss when i was 15..... i'm almost 23 now and so far i've been losing hair at a fairly slow rate but you can still notice my receding hairline and thinning areas...... it is true though, i do notice that there aren't too many asians (orientals specifically) suffering from hair loss..... it's probably b/c asians don't produce as much testosterone as all the other ethnic groups...... i on the other hand, am THE hairiest asian guy in canada..... i guess i have too much testosterone for an asian and that's why i'm going bald :( ....

DHT is supposed to be linked to body-hair maybe that's why thats why you're going bald and hairy

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
Its true. Go look at the Japanese. I swear. 90% of those in their 40's have more hair than Americans in their 20's. but then i watch japan p**rn sometimes and i swear, some of their penis sizes amazes me (in a negative way).

i'm chinese and i'm very tall for the ppl here. The women i've been with all "say" i have an exceptionally long and thick penis. i don't know, maybe there is a correlation with amount of hair ad penis size and height. again, might be the testestrone theory.

peterteg1999

Reaction score
scud666 said:
Its true. Go look at the Japanese. I swear. 90% of those in their 40's have more hair than Americans in their 20's. but then i watch japan p**rn sometimes and i swear, some of their penis sizes amazes me (in a negative way).

i'm chinese and i'm very tall for the ppl here. The women i've been with all "say" i have an exceptionally long and thick penis. i don't know, maybe there is a correlation with amount of hair ad penis size and height. again, might be the testestrone theory.

American men, too much sex and masturbation... that is why their hair tend to loss at a younger age.

Average age lose virginity for American Men is like 16 or 17. in Asian I think it is like 20-22... I read a study somewhere..

Americans tends to be more active in ejulation because of they burgers... too much powerful stuff inside them that they have to output it somewhere. LOL