Chester716's Story - (24/finasteride and minoxidil started on Sep8 2009)

Chester716

Reaction score
Hey man,

not yet.. havent been down to kitchener yet.. ill be going on Sunday.

so ill pass it sunday.... i donno if they'll be open is all.. but ill stop by... and see.. otherwise ill be up next week tuesd or weds .. so i can stop on my way up those days.

are you thinking they are scamming?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am. If you could please stop in and talk too them, and at least see if they even have a lab there, or if its just an office with one guy who works with k outing, this is my guess

Thanks bro

Chester716

Reaction score
first,

Irish, I still havent visited OC.... been too busy... and on a schedule everytime I head down to Waterloo.... I will get around to it though.

Update on me:

Currently I'm still on finasteride and RU with minoxidil 5%

I've been on finasteride and Revivogen Shampoo for the last two years.....I tried minoxidil for a few months with no real improvement..... I've since been on minoxidil and RU with finasteride for the last few months and I must say .. ... my hair is looking and feeling quite a bit better.... only as of the last couple weeks. I'm pretty impressed... maybe the RU is helping......

see some pics
You can compare to earlier pages of this thread if you want... for once tho I can FEEL a difference....

Attachments

• IMG_1294 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1294 (Large).JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1314 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1314 (Large).JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1305 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1305 (Large).JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1322 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1322 (Large).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 227

Chester716

Reaction score
so an update.

not much of but after 4 months on minoxidil+RU and fn 1mg..... nothigns changed really and i think my crown is actually getting thinner.. its weird... when my hair is super dry (which minoxidil makes it after it dries) it doesnt look so bad but when its wet or without any minoxidil in it... it looks so thin.... and feels thin.

i feel like nothing is working.

I'm going to up the dose of finasteride for two reasons.

1. cuz I'm not getting any better on 1mg.... but who knows maybe im maintaining" ...doesnt feel like it...

2. cuz im too lazy to split it into fours... im just bite half of it each day... so i guess that ups it to 2.5 a day ?

*whatever* i hate my hair..... :(

Plasticman82

Reaction score
your hair looks a lot thicker than from your first photos. How can you think it's not working? have a look lol. Remember, the most growth you can expect from finasteride is an increase of 15% density. minoxidil is pretty crap tho

Chester716

Reaction score
some pics from today.

my gf says its thin but not noticeable when looking at it unless its bright lights...

honestly its all light dependent as to how bad it LOOKs....feels sometimes it seems to feel great and other times it feels like thees nothign there.. i dont know how to explain it :(

Attachments

• IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 194

Chester716

Reaction score
so uhm ive been taking a half a finasteride pill each day instead of a fourth or fifth.... for the last few weeks... and i must say......im def 100% getting sides.

morning erections are soft at best.... cant keep it going during sex or masturbation... and honestly im not really ever into sex at all ... which is DRASTIC.. since normally im way way above normal in terms of "amped for sex" ... so uhm yea.. my gf says to get off the pill completely... so .... obviously im going to.....im so upset....feel totally shafted... i either lose my hair or sex... its so not fair....

minoxidil and RU arent doing sh*t for me.... my last step is to try 17AP which in the long run I really cant afford.. so i guess im just fukt and time to give up and lose my hair.....

thanks for all the comments.... but in the end.. doesnt ease the amount of suck I'm feeling right now....... im sure the sides will go away in a bit after not being on it... but im telling you 100% its not mental... the lack of interest in itself IS a side.. which obv causes the others.....but ive been around long enough to know when its mental.... this is real.

mebbe upping the dose was a bad idea but since its affecting me.. the smaller doeses would have been as well. just not as dramatic at once...

:( :thumbdown2:

Chester716

Reaction score
Yah....

I think I shoulda accepted that maintaining what I have was success enough.

But if the higher dose is causing problems a lower dose is too just longer term and not as noticeable right now.. so im gonna cut it..

I should have C-B in a few weeks so I'll post results of that.... and god forbid my downfall after getting of finasteride....... ill keep posting and see how goes.....

til then... my hair looks fine .. so ill use the sh*t out of it for now.

Chester716

Reaction score
Hey all

figured I'd post an update....since its been awhile.

So I stopped taking finasteride for about 2 weeks because of sides.

Recap:
Been on finasteride for 3 years, and had upped the finasteride dose from 1 to 2.5 and then minoxidil and RU once a day(ish)...2ml) about a month and a half ago.
About two weeks into that regiment, I hadn't noticed much in the hair change but I did notice a serve loss of libido. I know for fact it was related to this and not mental.. I know how mental affects it.. and I don't have that issue nor have I in a long long time.

Anyway after a week being off finasteride.... libido restored, with vengeance... (good thing). So I was quite relieved and I was more amped than I used to be... but anyway... thats working all good again. I kept the minoxidil up....and still am.

after about 2.5 to 3 weeks off finasteride... I decided to go back on.... at 1mg again. I wanted to do .5 but I can't be bothered to crush em up and weigh it.. its too much work.... still good in terms of sides and still on minoxidil.

I have C-B now. I'll be starting that this week as well....

I'll take some base pics first and keep updated.

Chester716

Reaction score
I have a pill cutter.... like the one in the link....

trying to cut the pill ONCE with that is a mess...... it doesn't cut evenly it breaks in other spots after the cut.... trying to cut an even smaller piece is just ridiculous... its impossible with a pill cutter..

i use a steak knife and i cut it into fours, its the only way.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I use a cutter almost exactly like that (purchased from Wal-Mart) and it cuts 5mg finasteride into 1.25mg quarters with ease.

Chester716

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post an update.........

I was religious with finasteride for about 2 years.... i went off it for a month when i started getting sides... now im kind of like 4 days on 3 days off of it. Or every other day.
It's tough to stay on it because it does cause me genuine sides... and it takes awhile to feel right again and never seem to feel 100% again....

Thats all I'm on other than I have tons of revivogen shampoo and conditioner as well as dr proctor thinning shampoo... i bought it all in bulk few years ago and havent gone thru it all so its my regular shampoo and conditioner...... i can say for certain my hair has definitely not gotten better since my first post here... its actually probably worse....but marginally.

I'm going to have to side at this point on the side that finasteride doesnt really work that well. At least not for me......... i took it everyday without fail for a couple years and only recently went off it and then intermittent use... my hair really hasnt suffered much when i go off it... i dont notice a ton of hair loss either way... but def no growth.

I got some of that CB whatever in cream from that other site with that Finfighter guy. Took so long to get it that I forgot about it for like 4 months and randomly the premixed CB (i think tahts what it was called) in cream showed up via courier.

Now it appears the private forum he had is gone and maybe it was all a scam...... i shaved my head nonetheless and tried it out anyway the last month or so.......my hair looks thicker.. but doesnt feel any thicker... i can notice the look because the lights in my bathroom are insanely confidence destroying. less so lately.

however my hair always looks thicker when its buzzed and grows in slightly.. longer

long story short.....

I feel like if i go off finasteride it wont change a thing.. i feel like if i stay on finasteride... it wont make a difference in terms of hair loss..

I don't think finasteride works. But that being said perhaps its slowing the loss down and prolonging things. but who knows.

I have a ton of minoxidil left too... its jsut so damn messy.. and makes my head itch.
I give up on this sh!t.

Theres no cure for balding

- - - Updated - - -

however I should add that the thinnest part of my hair is at the crown.... the temples altho look receding havent receded.... my hair line has always been high...

with that.. it's pretty easy for me to FAKE thick hair using the sides messy hair styles.. but make no mistake from the pics.. the crown is super thin and under bright lights... its thin all over the top....

heres some recent pics... LOOKS ok... but close up... its not. heh.
I wont be able to do this type of look for too much longer.

Nanogen ahir fibers are pretty amazing in the LOOK... but they only help when you ahve hair to cling them too.. which will only last for so long obv.

*sigh*

Attachments

• Photo on 11-11-25 at 1.41 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-11-25 at 1.41 PM #2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Photo on 2012-09-11 at 3.33 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 2012-09-11 at 3.33 PM #2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 266

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking great dude. This is 3 years on treatments, you should be thrilled.

Chester716

Reaction score
long time no post here.

Just remembered this thread and thought I'd post an updated.
I used to be on minoxidil/finasteride/revivogen. I haven't tried minoxidil for about 3 years now and revivogen I stopped using when I ran out which was about a year ago.

I've been on finasteride since the start of this thread and have been til now. I took about a month off of it and im not 100% consistent daily. but the most I miss is like 5 days in a row then im back on steady. I miss just from being away or laziness.
Anyway, my hair is slightly better than in the pics of this thread, but pretty much exactly the same overall. No bald spots at all, thin all over and extra thin near the crown.
I know the crown should be completely bald by now, it runs in my family like clock work. I'm 30 now and started getting reallly thin early 20's.
So far I'm maintaining and if I want the boost of confidence I use nanogen lightly just to look a bit thicker.

My regimen is JUST finasteride, generic brand for the past three years and have been good on it, no sides even with the fluctuations in taking it at different times each day and missing some. I just bite them now and keep them in an old advil bottle. Too much work to split them. So I'm taking probably about 1.25 mg a day, splitting the 5mg into 4 ish.

Also something I'd recommend to anyone with thinning hair, stop using shampoo and conditioner completely. Maybe once every couple of months.
I did, I just use water and my hands on my hair these days and rinse it thoroughly, not roughly and it feels and looks thicker. At first it wont, it will get really greasy fast, because your body is used to over producing grease to make up for the dryness shampoo causes. After a few weeks though it will sort itself out and you'll get far less greasy each day and less grease means thicker looking and feeling hair!

It also keeps my short-med length hair super spikey after showers, I let it dry this way, that way I can style it with hairspray later and it really lets me do whatever styles. Thin hair is really easy to flatten if need be, but a pain to stand up if flat already.

This is what works for me, hopefully it helps some others out there!