Check out this guy's hairpiece

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ill be honest.... i couldnt tell. But it did look crap, like a haircut that lacked any style... better than a bald head? deffo!!!!

i scaned through the images... this wig is a full on one isnt it? and prob why his hairline at the back of the neck looks dodgy, so i imagine this guy is pretty damn bald without it.

What if you still have some up top but its become supper thin, are there wigs that just cover the top of the scalp but then can mingle in with the rest of your hair back and sides?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the realism makes it effectively undectable. I agree he could have done something more stylish though.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
yes it is a full cap
he cannot expose a natural hairline with a full cap
but after a few days of trying things out i think i might go with a full too
much easier for attachment and removal... gosh, so busy working long hrs these dayz

beemark

Reaction score
I don't know why you would say that you can't expose your hairline on a full cap. Absolutely you can - the hairline on a full cap is no different than the hairline on a hairpiece.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
IMGP3413.jpg

IMGP3408.jpg

....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. what in the hell is that?!?!? looks like a bad halloween costume wig. what a silly lookin twat.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
That looks ridiculously real, if thats a hair piece. Pity they cost like 20 grand over 2-3 years to maintain, have terrible hygeine and smells and pretty much totally wreck your scalp with the glues.

beemark

Reaction score
Metalhead - Your screen name seems very accurate.

Three years of hairpieces and maintenance should cost $5,000 (or less) including the cost of high quality hair systems and do-it-yourself supplies.

Almost all hairpiece tapes and adhesives are made with medical-grade adhesives. Keeping a hair system clean and sanitary takes very little time or effort.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Pity they cost like 20 grand over 2-3 years to maintain, have terrible hygeine and smells and pretty much totally wreck your scalp with the glues.

Almost 1800 posts and you have learned nothing it seems. NONE of your facts above are correct.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
in fact the hair piece cost $199, can be used 6-12 months, whether have bad hygeine and smells is personal choice (type of bonding you use).

G

Both of those pics are me. The cave man pic and the first one.

I guess I have to be careful what I post because the second set of pics was an example of what a full cap SHOULD NOT look like. That unit was sent back to be remade.

Ok where to begin...

First off, thanks for the feedback. This was my first full cap, was a little thick at the time (it has since shed down to a nice density).

Second of all, there is DEFINITELY a lot of misinformation about hairpieces on this board.

I wore a topper for two years but had to battle with concealers for thinning sides so I decided to go with a full cap, and it was the best move I've ever made.

I can guarantee you that with the units I have now, nobody would be able to spot me as a "wearer" on the street. Are they perfect? No. But I can indeed expose hairline, I have no issues with color, blending, crooked attachment, etc.

Someone noted about the back looking "dodgy". I believe this pic was taken after a fresh cut in. When you wear the unit for a few days the back settles in and the hair lays down more naturally.

Since this pic was taken I have cut two full caps in shorter styles that look pretty damn amazing. Since then I have learned a few little tricks (such as adding more taper to the neck area) to improve realism. This is an ongoing process which I am trying to help pioneer. Not too many guys wear full caps. Everyone tried to discourage me from going that route, but I soon found out that this was due to misinformation as well. Nobody knew what you could do with them because nobody had TRIED to push the limits, and that's what I'm setting out to do.

G

BTW.....

Be sure and scroll through the pics on photobucket. The obviously BAD ones are of the units that had to go back to be remade, but the rest are of my various full caps, and even some of me with my topper.

Scroll through and you will see shots of a COMPLETELY exposed hairline and temples on a full cap.

I don't have any recent pics uploaded, unfortunately, because my units look better now than they ever have. You can see some on other websites but I don't think we are allowed to mention that here :nono:

I recently had one cut in to see just how short you could go with a full cap. It is now getting some hair added, but when I get it back I will try to post some pics of a very short full cap, spiked front style so you can see what can really be done with a full cap.

Stay tuned.....