Cheapest place to get attachment supplies?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I've only really looked into 'splitends'. Any cheaper supply places out there?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I know, splitends is on the lower end of the scale as far as price goes, you might ocassionally find someone having a sale once in a while but she`s always among the lowest price going.
Basebond is supposed to be a white glue I guess, and lace release has alcohol in it, buts its treated with something to help it work a bit better and makes it easier on your skin.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info MB. Have you ever tried any of the silicone glues on lace? I think I like this NoTape adhesive but haven't tried it on lace yet.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a long time ago. As I recall, they are alot like the acrylics as far as what they are like to work with, but they dont hold as long.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
nono.. splitends is very expensive.. for example, they sell super tape for $9 but i found hair direct was selling it for $5.50...
do some search yourself... i feel i got cheated by splitends

beemark

Reaction score
There are two different products called SuperTape, so you can't be sure they are selling the same product. Split End's prices are very reasonable.

Base Bond is an acrylic adhesive. It applies and dries quicker than any other adhesive on the market.

Generally, the main difference between silicone and acrylic adhesives is that the silicones are more waterproof than the acrylics and the acrylics are more resistant to being broken down by scalp oil than the silicones.

I have an oily scalp, so I use Base Bond (acrylic).

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Is 'lace remover' just rubbing alcohol?

I'm surprised MB didn't jump on this one.
Use 99% Alcohol.... NOT rubbing alcohol.

99% Alcohol cost less than a dollar more than rubbing alcohol.
99% Alcohol is the only product we use and recommend for use on units, rubbing alcohol has no effect on most adhesives as it has far to much water.

Heavy cleaning and residue removal should done with adhesive solvents, of which there are many, but they need to be shampooed out before wearing. After cleaning with a solvent and washing the area I often clean the area again with 99% to make sure all oils and residue are GONE. Cleaning the skin area with 99% where the tape will make contact also assures a longer attachment because of the removal of skin oils.

hairwebe

Reaction score
I think Hollywoodlace.com has the cheapest supplies for what they have..I buy my Ultra Hold there for $25 and my tape for $3.95. and my hairpiece of course for $159..