Chasing male pattern baldness with subsequent transplants

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
In getting a transplant: what if the hair loss continues. I dont see this really addressed by any threads but consider this :

Normal male pattern baldness (as much as we dont like it) does not really catch anyones eye as being anything out of the ordinary. It may not be attractive, but it is by no means "bizarre" . But what happens if you begin chasing the male pattern baldness with more transplants until your have very strong temples, and now, hair loss behind it? I guess if you can have a strong hair line, then concelalers can work wonders (because they really are GREAT, if you stay away from the edge of the hair line)...but once your out of doner, then what? In my case I would be looking like "crusty the clown" I'm late 40s and dont use finasteride either, and currently have a "larry from the 3 stooges meets Richard Nixon" level of hair loss myself. VERY VERY fine hair.

Is this whey surgeons dont deplete the "whole doner" in the first surgery?

GeminiX

Reaction score
In that scenario you would have a "moat" of baldness between the grafts and the receding hairline.

Most hair transplant surgeons recommend the use medication (Finasteride, Dutasteride etc.) along with the hair transplant in an effort to prevent this from happening. This is also one of the reasons you see most of us advising people to not consider a hair transplant until their hairlines have matured to the point where it is more likely to be stable.

Also remember that a hair transplant is not a guaranteed miracle cure for hair loss; what you described above is just one of the risks which you have to accept when electing to have a procedure.