Change In Semen After Being On Finasteride???

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im coming up on being on finasteride 3 months now and ive noticed gelatin like lumps in my semen they are light yellowish in colour. I also feel a sensation that its having a hard time getting out almost like its partially blocked and definitely a different feeling of ejaculation. Obviously this isn't something I am imagining after going from producing large loads the cover a good distance to a load that can barely make it out? I know its a weird topic but anyone else ever experience this or know anything to take to get rid of it?

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there were articles about shrinkage of seminephrous tubules and so on on finasteride! i noticed tick sperm after 1 week of use. Now i use 2-3 times per week and have some recovery+10cm of fire distance instead of 50cm before.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds more like dehydration.

Ive tracked everything pretty carefully its definitely not hydration im a professional athlete where hydration is key and tracked so its for sure not that. It started just after taking finasteride

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not dehydratation 100%, i'm a doctor and play basketball where due to US recommendations hydration is the key.
in my case in 1st week sperm was watery as many mentioned here and from 2 week-thick. i use Mohr F 5%(minoxidil+finasteride) topically.

g.i joey

Reaction score
there were articles about shrinkage of seminephrous tubules and so on on finasteride! i noticed tick sperm after 1 week of use. Now i use 2-3 times per week and have some recovery+10cm of fire distance instead of 50cm before.

I use finasteride 3-4 Times a week as well, how’d your hair holding up?

Mongoose25

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad is taking this pill for his BPH, he doesn’t have any baldness. I am having receeding hairline in front. It started when I was 35, I am now 39. I am tempted to try this finasteride but I’m afraid of the side effects.

Nitesh Yadav

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im coming up on being on finasteride 3 months now and ive noticed gelatin like lumps in my semen they are light yellowish in colour. I also feel a sensation that its having a hard time getting out almost like its partially blocked and definitely a different feeling of ejaculation. Obviously this isn't something I am imagining after going from producing large loads the cover a good distance to a load that can barely make it out? I know its a weird topic but anyone else ever experience this or know anything to take to get rid of it?
I have been on finasteride for a year now. I am experiencing the same gelatin like stuff coming out of my semen. This gelatin occurs when i dont masturbate for a like 2-3 days. If i masturbate every single day then this gelatin either doesnt or appear in small amount. while if i am on a nofap regime for like 1 week or 2 then i masturbate upto 6 times a day after which the gelatin stop appearing. I dont know what is causing this. Have you got your sperm tested btw? Because i havent. There is also a slight pain when the semen filled with geletin pass through my balls during ejacuation.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya this is common with finasteride. It does so because it shrinks your prostate gland. Your prostate gland helps create seminal fluids. Thus you'll notice watery semen as a result. You can also have low ejaculate as well as lower ejaculate speed do a decrease of erection strength; this is due to both hormonal and prostate dysfunction. However these symptoms will most likely subside with reducing or discontinuing finasteride. I had looked this up earlier and cited articles in a previous post. If you want I can find them again and you can read through some material.
I myself suffer from something similar but it isn't as obvious and isn't worth the mental toll that hair-loss bring to me personally.
In the end everyone has to decide their own actions by weighing risks and rewards.

kopiko4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was having increased ejaculatory volume combined with a spike in libido, more than a week ago. At the same time, my hair was shedding very quickly and I realized how thin my hairs have become in just 4 months of using finasteride. Balls started feeling sore as well. So, I quit immediatelly and the shed reduced the next day.

Now, more than a week later, I have very thick yellowish sperm with gelly-like lumps in it.

I was using topical finasteride incautionously and took perhaps too much, 2mg instead of the normal 1mg.

Did anyone have something similar? How did it progress?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was having increased ejaculatory volume combined with a spike in libido, more than a week ago. At the same time, my hair was shedding very quickly and I realized how thin my hairs have become in just 4 months of using finasteride. Balls started feeling sore as well. So, I quit immediatelly and the shed reduced the next day.

Now, more than a week later, I have very thick yellowish sperm with gelly-like lumps in it.

I was using topical finasteride incautionously and took perhaps too much, 2mg instead of the normal 1mg.

Did anyone have something similar? How did it progress?
Believe me I have this on dutasteride. I have reduced ejaculation force. And gelly transparent lumps combined with normal looking sperm. But mostly if I don't nut for 2 or 3 days. My sperm shoots out once or twice with weak force and the rest I have to litteraly squeeze out of my penis. The first months it was just oozing out struggling to come out but it's abit better now as the body adjust or im drinking more water. Sometimes I have super lucky days when my sperm shoots out really far i was blown away when it happened I was like wtf? But that is very very rare to happen nowadays. Mind you I take high dose duta. This is my only side effect of dutasteride. And I mean only.

vishal7377

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for a year now. I am experiencing the same gelatin like stuff coming out of my semen. This gelatin occurs when i dont masturbate for a like 2-3 days. If i masturbate every single day then this gelatin either doesnt or appear in small amount. while if i am on a nofap regime for like 1 week or 2 then i masturbate upto 6 times a day after which the gelatin stop appearing. I dont know what is causing this. Have you got your sperm tested btw? Because i havent. There is also a slight pain when the semen filled with geletin pass through my balls during ejacuation.

vishal7377

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same is happening with me..but i do not have any type of pain..does it continue after stopping finasteride?

HolyShift

My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe me I have this on dutasteride. I have reduced ejaculation force. And gelly transparent lumps combined with normal looking sperm. But mostly if I don't nut for 2 or 3 days. My sperm shoots out once or twice with weak force and the rest I have to litteraly squeeze out of my penis. The first months it was just oozing out struggling to come out but it's abit better now as the body adjust or im drinking more water. Sometimes I have super lucky days when my sperm shoots out really far i was blown away when it happened I was like wtf? But that is very very rare to happen nowadays. Mind you I take high dose duta. This is my only side effect of dutasteride. And I mean only.
That is too much of a detail. By reading this I almost had the picture in my brain of you jacking off real hard