Change in libido after swithcing Propecia to Proscar

erik

Reaction score
Quick background: I used Propecia 1mg for 2 years, no problems after initial "rollercoaster" ride, hair seems just as great as it was when I started, no major sheds. See the link at the end for detailed history if interested.

However, a month ago I went to get a new precription and my Doctor advised to take Proscar "since it's the same thing and much cheaper." So I did, I would have probably suggested the same thing by myself if he hadn't done it. But, as the subject says I've experienced a change in my libido after I switched from Propecia 1mg to Proscar. I've cutted the Proscar 5mg pills to five pieces and I think I cut them pretty well evenly. But for some mysterious reason my libido is now somewhat stronger, morning wood is every day compared to previous "every now and then", etc.

Surely I'm not complaining about the increase but I'm bit worried will the Proscar keep my hair as well as Propecia since clearly there's been some change in my system after the switch? Can this be caused by minor variations in dosages or the tinyest crumbs that fell off when splitting the pill?

My history in the balding business is at:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=10806

PS. I guess I'm one more prove that if the pills are working people will not end up to these forums. Should there had been no change after the swithch I probably would not have posted here.

Thanks.