Chances That finasteride + minoxidil Works Forever

if you're a good responder for both: minoxidil + finasteride + hairtransplant = hair forever?

• Total voters

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your "well crafted" wounding protocol like? Depth, frequency and topical dosages?

Im genuily interested, my case is very similar to yours (great manteinence from drugs but very mild regrowth), but haven't taken microneedling very serious yet and I probably should prioritize it.
Lucky. I couldnt maintain on duta oral and topical and oral min. Used high dosages even.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sucks, you are definetely a minority though. I am a high norwood so its hard to go much worse anyway lol.

Most cases I seen from people who throw the kitchen sink and dont improve are usually NW1-NW2.5s who are literally obssessed with perfect hairlines but still refuse to hair transplant for some reason.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sucks, you are definetely a minority though. I am a high norwood so its hard to go much worse anyway lol.

Most cases I seen from people who throw the kitchen sink and dont improve are usually NW1-NW2.5s who are literally obssessed with perfect hairlines but still refuse to hair transplant for some reason.
I stopped receeding just front has miniaturization and gets thinner every week. Im nw2. Been balding for 11 years but nothing stops my diffuse thinning.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are literally the perfect candidate for a hair transplant if your NW2 is stable. 11 years battling. Just save some money and move on bruh

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your "well crafted" wounding protocol like? Depth, frequency and topical dosages?

Im genuily interested, my case is very similar to yours (great manteinence from drugs but very mild regrowth), but haven't taken microneedling very serious yet and I probably should prioritize it.

I got my best results using a 2mm electric dermastamp every 10 days after some sessions. Wound until some pinpoint bleeding appears, and use minoxidil right after.

Most people start with a cheap dermaroller or electric dermastamp 1.5/2 mm 1 time per week and minoxidil 2 times per day except needling days. Thats pretty much the standard. Evaluate at 6 months.

Dont overdue it, give it time to heal. Wound healing and skin depth varies from person to person. Keep in mind chronic wounding could be dangerous long term. Thats why a resting period every few months after the one year mark is highly recommended.

Last edited:

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my case. Been on finasteride and min for over 20 years. Has anyone made the transition to DUA from finasteride or did they incorporate both. Just starting to see a bit more hair loss in the last 2 months and thinking of maybe taking finasteride 5 days a week and DUA on the other 2 days, Would love some advice from anyone who has made the transition..

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my case. Been on finasteride and min for over 20 years. Has anyone made the transition to DUA from finasteride or did they incorporate both. Just starting to see a bit more hair loss in the last 2 months and thinking of maybe taking finasteride 5 days a week and DUA on the other 2 days, Would love some advice from anyone who has made the transition..
I did cold turkey but dutasteride accumulates slowly up to 5 weeks meanwhile Finasteride exits from the system much faster. There might be a period where you don't have enough DHT reduction if you switch cold turkey.

If you are paranoid of any downsides just do 5x/2x for 2 months and then re-evaluate later on if you want to go full duta depending on how it went.

In the long run, it doens't seem to make any sense to mix both of them, since they work on the same exact pathway and dutasteride is much stronger.