CEM 5% & Revivogen

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just got my CEM 5% spironolactone solution today. Never used spironolactone, but the smell isn't too bad, the scent it does have reminds me of heineken beer. So I know that some people have had success with the revivogen/spironolactone combo. My question is how should it be applied? Tonight I put on the reviogen first, then the spironolactone. It burned a bit for like five minutes but after that it seemed fine.

Is the correct procedure when using these two topicals? Or am I doing it wrong and one needs to go before the other or whatever? These two topicals sure do make me a grease head though...I would never go out with this sh*t in my hair...and I have a pretty decent head of hair from using dutasteride for a couple of years (quit cause of sides)

Anyone besides the moderater have success with this combo? Im hoping this could be my ticket to maintaining.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone help me out...I need to know if I can put revivogen on and then follow it up with spironolactone solution without undermining the revivogen?

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
put this in the forum: general hairloss treatment,more people visit there

i would like to know this aswel

bump anyone ?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ugh said:
So I just got my CEM 5% spironolactone solution today. Never used spironolactone, but the smell isn't too bad, the scent it does have reminds me of heineken beer. So I know that some people have had success with the revivogen/spironolactone combo. My question is how should it be applied? Tonight I put on the reviogen first, then the spironolactone. It burned a bit for like five minutes but after that it seemed fine.

Is the correct procedure when using these two topicals? Or am I doing it wrong and one needs to go before the other or whatever? These two topicals sure do make me a grease head though...I would never go out with this $#iT in my hair...and I have a pretty decent head of hair from using dutasteride for a couple of years (quit cause of sides)

Anyone besides the moderater have success with this combo? Im hoping this could be my ticket to maintaining.
You should apply the spironolactone 5% solution first, let it dry a bit and then apply the revivogen. How does that spironolactone smell........bad? Also, is the solution clean and clear looking? Let us know if it goes unstable or starts to separate.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cool, you got your spironolactone 5% solution, ugh.

How greasy is it?

Also, as dice said, is the solution clean and clear looking? Let us know if it goes unstable or starts to separate.

I also agree with dice about puting the spironolactone on first, let it sit for a while, then put the revivogen on last. Depending on how greasy the spironolactone will dictate how long you should wait before putting on the revivogen.

holla back!

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone is clear, don't see any seperation whatsoever. Is it greasy? Hmm alittle bit, nothing too bad, although I would be a bit hesitant to put it on during the day for sure.

What you two recomended is what I've been doing, I've put the spironolactone on first, let is sit for a sec and the put the revivogen on. sh*t tonight in the shower I started to shed alot more than usual...ackkk! But I guess that's the sign that its started to do its job. When I was on dutasteride I had a few decent sheds, as soon as the shed was over though I started to fill back in. But still its a bit nerve racking when it first happens.

But all in all I don't see anything bad or strange about the spironolactone, not that I have a point of reference or anything.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using spironolactone and rev as a combo for around 7 months - for what its worth I used to put rev on first - give it 2 hours or so to dry (as reccomended by the makers of rev ) and then applied the 5% lotion - I always found that a better way to go as I felt that the spironolactone wouldnt be "blocking" the absorption of rev since the lotion was quite a bit thicker - I have no scientific reason other then it "felt right"

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you lithebod - Creams/lotions should always go on last.

However, ugh, is not using a 5% spironolactone lotion/cream, he is using a 5% spironolactone solution/liquid.

Also, ugh, does the spironolactone omit a bad odur after it has been on a while?

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, the spironolactone does have an odor that can be detected by others. I was sitting next a chick a I know and she said that I smelled kinda like "weed" I guess the smell of spironolactone can loosely be interpreted as that. But she was able to smell it while I was wearing a baseball cap. She never came closer than a foot and a half near me. Its okay though, I only apply spironolactone at night...that day was out of the norm for me. Think Im starting a shed though...lost a lot hairs yesterday...today not so much so I'm not sure.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks ugh. The fact that its omitting a 'skunk weed' smell is a good sign IMO. It shows that it is real spironolactone.

Does the spironolactone smell like that when its in the bottle? Or does the solution just smell like alcohol in the bottle?

Also keep with your regimen even though you are shedding. Give it a good 6 months.

Good luck ugh. You might want to add some Nizoral as well if you havent already.