Can't Read Posts!! Please Fix, Thank You(Delete After Fixed)

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're a mod and can read this I have noticed many HairLossTalk.com members can't read their posts, please look into this for us, I have sent Cassin a PM, my PM is working. Just curious as to what's going on. Thank you guys.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
If you're a mod and can read this I have noticed many HairLossTalk.com members can't read their posts, please look into this for us, I have sent Cassin a PM, my PM is working.

I tried to do that, too, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to send Cassin a PM. There didn't seem to be any way to enter his name (Cassin) as a recipient for a Private Message. I finally gave up. Just couldn't figure it out. Was that just a problem with the PM function, similar to whatever is wrong with the post-reading part of the forum software?? :dunno:

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Can't Read Posts!! Please Fix, Thank You

It is difficult to find! I'm not sure if this worked, this is how I did it. I went to New Messages, Compose Message, then next to the Smiley Faces there is two boxes you can click on "Add [To]" and "Add [BCC]" I clicked Add [To] and entered Cassin. I have no idea if this worked but it was worth a shot. Anyway all is working again, glad to be back and posting! :woot:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hahah! That appears to have worked! I had entered "cassin" several times into the "Usernames" window, but didn't click on "Add [To]" afterwards. I couldn't figure out why his name kept disappearing from the "Usernames" window! :)

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
How can I delete this post?

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks :)

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for fixing that so quickly Cassin, you can delete this forum post if you like.

Cassin

Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
Thanks for fixing that so quickly Cassin, you can delete this forum post if you like.

The owner had a programmer on it, not me. I would make it worse.

Actually if its ok with you I will leave it up if anyone has any questions or continued issues.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, alright no problem. Sounds like a good idea.

Cassin

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
cassin said:
Mr_Reeses said:

The owner had a programmer on it, not me. I would make it worse.

Actually if its ok with you I will leave it up if anyone has any questions or continued issues.

It seems to have impacted those in the US more than those outside the US. Is that your finding as well?

No not that I have seen. I might just be a coincidence as some were still able to post for some reason. Sometimes it comes down to browser and operating system which can differ a bit by country. It was more of an update that knocked a whole bunch of stuff out. It didn't have anything to do with servers.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
It seems to have impacted those in the US more than those outside the US. Is that your finding as well?

No not that I have seen. I might just be a coincidence as some were still able to post for some reason. Sometimes it comes down to browser and operating system which can differ a bit by country. It was more of an update that knocked a whole bunch of stuff out. It didn't have anything to do with servers.

Thursday evening (when I'd been unable to read posts for the THIRD day, and finally decided there must be something really wrong on HairLossTalk.com), I'd noticed other people that same day making posts, including "oni" from England, and "freakout" (not sure where he is, but I'm pretty sure he's foreign). Seems kinda like it was mainly we Americans who were unable to get it to work correctly! :)

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:

Thursday evening (when I'd been unable to read posts for the THIRD day, and finally decided there must be something really wrong on HairLossTalk.com), I'd noticed other people that same day making posts, including "oni" from England, and "freakout" (not sure where he is, but I'm pretty sure he's foreign). Seems kinda like it was mainly we Americans who were unable to get it to work correctly! :)

Anyone could make a thread...it was opening a thread that was the problem.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:

I know. That's what I meant: I saw the characters I mentioned before making replies inside of older threads.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:

I know. That's what I meant: I saw the characters I mentioned before making replies inside of older threads.

Hmmm.....

I am still leaning towards it being something to do with what browser or OS the person was using more than IP but I am certainly curious now.

Still tho...all things are possible with oni. I am convinced he is the reaction of a dimensional rift.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Still tho...all things are possible with oni. I am convinced he is the reaction of a dimensional rift.

LOL!! :)

Here's an example of how it was working just fine for oni: look at the thread "Pre-employment drugs test?", here on the Off-Topic forum. Oni made a reply on it at 5:01 PM Thursday afternoon, and it was reply number 10 in that thread. By the way, the poster "s.a.f" (also an Englishman, I might add) had replied to it, too, a bit earlier at 4:25 PM, and was in 9th place in that thread.

It was a bit later at 6:43 PM Thursday evening when I realized it simply wasn't going to work for me, and I posted the new thread "I can't read any posts on HairLossTalk.com!". So those two Brits (oni and s.a.f) had no apparent problem in posting in an older thread that was already there, while _I_ was tearing my hair out, trying to figure out what the problem was! :)