Can't Find Finasteride vs. 5-ar Response Graph Over 1 Week

trianta2

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have the graph that shows the effect of a single dose of various doses of finasteride on 5-ar levels in the body for a 1 week period?

The graph had a steep slope downward for the higher doses and it took about a week to recover the normal 5-ar levels in the body. The smaller doses had a less dramatic slope and seemed to keep the 5-ar levels low for a short period while they slowly built up.

The reason why I'm looking for this graph again is because I don't want to shoot down my 5-ar levels too hard, but I would like them reduced. So I'm thinking of taking .25mg of finasteride every 3 or so days.

I'd like a healthy tradeoff between libido loss and DHT levels.

Thanks for your time.

Charlie5

Reaction score
I would like to see that graph too. When I went back on Propecia, I increased my dose tapering upwards slowly every 7 days by .025mg (bought a digital scale on amazon.com). I went up to a total of .3mg, and went back down to a total of .25mg a day. Did not get any shedding untill I decreased the dose from .3mg to .25mg (after 5 months or so).

Just trying to get to the right dose for myself, and trying to figure out how to avoid shedding. I've learned from experience that any sharp increasing (ie. increasing from 1mg to 2mg, or increasing from 2mg to 5mg) definetly causes shedding.

Wondering if decreasing from .3mg to .25mg caused me to shed. Or was it missing
a day of a pill, or was it accidently doubling of a day of pills. Or was it that I stopped my slow and steady increacse of the medication.