Can't come up with a good minoxidil routine

BuckyOHair

Reaction score
So I got some minoxidil... used it twice now. Once/day. In conjunction with some Nioxal (sp?) that my mom got me daily.

Noticed an abnormal amount of hair in the shower this morning too. So that was nice. I've NEVER seen hair in my hands after shampooing in the shower before.

Anyways, I can't come up with a good routine that doesn't make me get up at 4am put this stuff in, let it sit there. Then style my hair.

Anyone have any advice? Would it be easier/more effective (since I'll be able to do it correctly) to just go on Propecia/Nizoral?

I'm 26 now, I've been told the sexual side effects of propecia shouldn't affect someone my age.

Thanks very much.

Pob

Reaction score
I use a dropper, and put just one or two drops on each area, and rub in it gently with a single finger. Remember, you're only supposed to use 1ML.

This takes me about one minute. I then wait 5 minutes, give in a quick but gentle brush and mt hair is no longer visibly wet. Works for me

BuckyOHair

Reaction score
Right on Pob, looks like I might've misread the directions then.

Thanks very much.

Do you do any styling once the hair is dry? I'm fond of my spikey-look... hence the minoxidil in the first place.

Just trying to get a good idea of what is possible, while achieving maximum results.

Pob

Reaction score
Well, I don't think there are any directions as such. However, it is only necessary to put a thin layer on the areas you wish to treat, and you don't have to cover every single bit of scalp as it does spread underneath the scalp once it's absorbed. What's important is that you apply it directly to the scalp (rather than hair). Your hair doesn't need to to completely dry, just not so wet that you dilute the minoxidil. Plus, try not to let it roll off your scalp.

I apply a little bit of gel afterwards to give it a mild, spikey look.I would suspect it's not a good idea to drench your hair in gel or whatever, but other than that you'll be fine.

Best of luck.