Can your hairline get lower as you get older (reverse receding hairline?)

jackm415

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was looking at some of my old pictures from when I was 15 and I'm so happy I didn't start freaking out back then or knew about balding because some of them look very suspicious. Specifically this one. I can see a lot of baby hairs/miniaturization happening at the hairline, oddly enough I never was concerned about this back then, and thankfully so.

I know for certain my hairline hasn't gotten any worse from 15 to 20, but I actually think it may have gotten even lower. My barber has told me that I'm growing new hairs near my temples but I didn't really believe them since thats not really something that can happen, no? To me, these pictures kind of look like the sh*t you see after someone with finasteride + Min or whatnot hair regrowth, which I did none of. Who knows, maybe I'm just seeing things but I can't help but think my hairline has actually improved.

Here is my hairline now, it does seem much lower, but I can't tell if I'm just seeing things. I know for certain though it hasn't gotten HIGHER since 15. The first 2 pics are from early 2018, before I had even turned 16 years old... while the last picture was taken today at 20. Keep in mind I had an undercut so a lot of my hair is much shorter than the rest, which can make it look worse than it actually is.

Also, what Norwood would ya'll say I am? I'm like NW2 right? or not quite NW2 but NW1.5ish is my guess.

Attachments

• 162.png
    162.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 176
  • unk.png
    unk.png
    807 KB · Views: 153
  • hairnow.jpg
    hairnow.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard of a receding hairline, but never an advancing hairline lol

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
So am I going crazy? I feel like my hairline clearly looks lower at age 20 than at 15...
Idk looks pretty similar, but you are in different positions in each of the pics which can distort the appearance

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline at 15 looks vibrant & healthy
At 20 starting to degrade & become lifeless. At 15 ratio of estrogen, progesterone to testosterone was ideal. Now testosterone//DHT is wearing down your hair as it does with most males. If we could turn back time…