Can you take dutasteride & finasteride at the same time?

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride some days, skip a few days, then finasteride,..then skip a few, and back on dutasteride?

can you also play around with the dosage levels, or do you ahve to be very consistent?

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
im no doctor, but i dont see why you can't use dutasteride on some days and finasteride on others.

however, i dont think you should "play around" with the dosages, as it'll be hard to tell what dosages will work best for you. i think you have to pick a dosage (and designate which days to take dutasteride, and which days to take finasteride) and stick with that for 6 months to a year. you can change it up once in a while, but id imagine you have to stick with the choice for a long while

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
and if I don't respond to treatment does that mean that my hairloss is NOT caused by DHT....or ....some people just don't respond period?

6michael66

Reaction score
My regimen is exactly that. 1 finasteride. daily and 1 dutas a week. I think jonsie150 is right to pick a dosage and stick to it the best you can. I am 2 months in and my shed is way down considering what i see in the shower drain. i consider a slowing or stopping of loss a great "response" to the regimen