Can you lose a small amout of body hair with propecia?

jimothy

Reaction score
DHT is part of the reason you get body hair so I suppose it could get rid of some of that too.

beaner

Reaction score
jimothy said:
DHT is part of the reason you get body hair so I suppose it could get rid of some of that too.

Some guys here have reported decrease/thinning of body hair after being on finasteride a while, but I've also heard that it was hogwash. It would be nice, though, I could stand to be a bit less hairy.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
No change in my body hair when on finasteride and dutasteride. Sucks cause i wouldn't mind it thinning out, i hate it.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
i cant really grow facial hair on it, i mean it just takes sooooo long to grow anything, compared to when im not on it i usually shave every other day

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

I have had a reduction in body hair. I'd estimate the reduction was about 20% where the hair simply grows slower and less dense. Before finasteride I'd go through about one razor a week for shaving, after finasteride I go about 2.5 weeks.

bubka

Reaction score
i had a reduction, not that i had the genes to be really hairy to begin with, but my stomach is virtually hairless as it did have some more darker hair before finasteride, same goes with hair in other general places