Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

FutureScientist

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am almost 20 years old and I'm dealing with serious hair loss. My hairline started to recede when I was 16, and now I'm a diffuse thinner with a NW3 hairline. There are still quite a lot of very thin hairs left on the front and crown, but you can only see them up close. The area in between the front and crown (don't know what it's called) has much thicker hair but is also starting to thin. I never knew you could do anything against hairloss until recently. I've been using the following regimen for a week:

- Kirkland minoxidil solution in the evening
- Spectral DNC-N nanoxidil in the morning
- 1 mg generic finasteride before bed

My hair looks absolutely terrible when I put minoxidil in so that's why I only use it in the evening. When I wake up I wash my hair and apply nanoxidil.
I'm hoping that this will stop (or significantly slow down) my hair loss, and make those thin hairs thicker.

Please let me know what you think of my regimen. I will update if I experience a change, like shedding or regrowth.

FutureScientist

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, the ingredients of Spectral DNC-N:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Azelaic Acid, Disodium Phosphate, Caffeine, Polysorbate 80, Propanediol, Piroctone Olamine, Adenosine, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Menthol, Pyrrolidinyl Diaminopyrimidine Oxide, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Copper Tripeptide-1, Phospholipids, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Naringenin, Retinol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Lecithin, Lysolecithin, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Active compounds have been given a green colour, just google them. Some of them promote hair growth, others have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial or anti-inflammatory effects. If you want scientific studies on these compounds or the clinical trials of the product, let me know (I've found studies on some of them, haven't done extensive research).

FutureScientist

My Regimen
Reaction score
Add dermarolling to your routine. Both to activate the skin's natural regeneration process and a daily process where you dermaroll lightly to better absorption of minoxidil.

Thanks for the reply. I've read about dermarolling, next time I order nanoxidil I'll probably buy a dermaroller as well. The website where I buy nanox has three different dermaroller sizes: 0.3 mm, 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm. Which one would be the best to buy?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one can say if it will work or not as everyone reacts differently to the treatments but certainly try it