Can someone tell me if this regime will be good?

Rich321

Reaction score
I am a Norwood 2 Diffused thinner 25 years old. Start noticing my hair falling out about one year ago.

I am buying Rogaine 5% foam and Eucapil. I do not want to use finasteride. Will these two drugs be a good regime?

Thank you

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
In all the years that fluridil has been out, there still has never been any independent testing of the stuff showing a topical antiandrogenic effect. I don't know if it works or not.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
I may be the only person around here who uses Fluridil exclusively and not on the back of finasteride or dutasteride. It definitely reduces the shedding. As for regrowth, it's too soon to say.

My theory is that Fluridil maintains and strengthens existing hair, Minoxidil can regrow hair. I may be wrong but we'll see. I plan to give Fluridil a head start of at least 3 months before applying Minoxidil, as I don't want Minoxidil to shed hair that Fluridil is trying to strengthen. I don't know if there is a shedding period in Fluridil or not.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
brightside said:
I may be the only person around here who uses Fluridil exclusively and not on the back of finasteride or dutasteride. It definitely reduces the shedding.

I wish that meant something to me, I really do. Unfortunately, I've never understood exactly what people mean by "shedding".

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding is basically the amount of hair that is falling. If not on treatments and are shedding (or lots of hair falling fast) than this is usually not a good sign unless you aren't thinning to begin with. Now shedding can be a good sign if you are doing it when on a treatment such as minoxidil (Rogaine foam) as the the follicles are pushing out the smaller weaker hair so it can replace it with thicker more healthy hair. Understand?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
[...] Understand?

Nope. Not really. Everybody "sheds" hair every day, whether or not they're going bald (boys, girls, men, and women). It seems to me to be a term which is used far too loosely and indiscriminately. I remember reading a post by some guy on one of these hairloss forums some time ago. He said that every time his girlfriend stayed over for the night and used the shower, he could see TONS of her "shed" hair afterwards, despite the fact that she has long, thick, rich, flowing locks. He said he could see them in the bottom of the bathtub, in the bathroom sink, all over the bathroom floor, etc. Makes it seem kind of pointless even to mention "shedding" in the first place, doesn't it? :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm with Bryan on this.

Every single day I brush my hair, I'm left with a hairball wrapped around my hairbrush which would choke a bison; it's about the size of my fist; I can take a photo if you like.

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
this is true, my girlfriend has the thickest of hair....

when she brushes it (quite roughly might i add) the hair flys our eveywhere lol

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
If you have eggressive hair loss like the men that lose all their norwood 7 hair in a year or 2 once they hit their early 20s then 300+ will be lost every 24 hours. This is shedding. Also if you aren't visibly losing more than a couple of hairs when you scratch your head for 30 seconds and then you take dutasteride or minoxidil and suddenly you are losing 50 each time, this is shedding.

Why is it that I've NEVER, not even one single time, ever seen so much as a single reference to this "shedding" phenomenon in any of the hundreds of studies I've read over the years in medical journals? Why is it that I've never experienced it myself, after using a variety of different treatments (topical minoxidil, Tricomin, topical spironolactone, Prox-N, Proxiphen, etc.)? After hearing this expression "shedding" being used for years and years, why did I simply give up on trying to understand what it is people are referring to, and stop paying any attention to it? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I observed a shed when I took dutasteride and I have for certain observed incredible shedding when I have come off of treatments entirely after having some sort of regimen for many years, namely dutasteride.

Your statement above is a good example of what I meant when I said that the term "shedding" is used very loosely and indiscriminately! You seriously refer to the loss of hair after stopping treatment to be "shedding"??? That's a horse of a completely different color! :smack: In general, people on hairloss sites use that word when referring to the mysterious, alleged loss of daily hair after STARTING some new treatment! If we can't even agree on when to use that term in the first place, is it any wonder that I gave up long ago on paying any attention to it at all? :dunno:

Ende

Reaction score
Earlier this year, when I overdosed testosterone injections, I lost a lot of hair over a couple of months. My scalp was itching and tickling a lot, and every time I pulled my hair, a lot more hair then usual, let go. What do you call that? I would refer to this process as shedding, but feel free to correct me.