can someone PLEASE

hulltras

Reaction score
tell me about pregnancy and taking finasteride. i cant see a doctor as all my local ones no nothing about finasteride. i just want to know if on .83mg's (1/6 proscar) daily am i reducing the chance of having a baby when having unprotected sex??

please answer as this is the main factot stoping me taking my first dosage which is sat right in front of me.

i am sooo nervous!! why do have to be balding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I have read Propecia won't lower your sperm count or reduce your chances of having a child but it might make your semen a little bit watery. I don't know how long the studies were conducted for though, or if long term use could effect fertility?

There is more info on Propecia and pregnancy at:

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... .jsp#faq12

I had mild sides on 0.5mg (loss of libido and an ache in my balls) and am now trying 0.25mg a day. I so far haven't had any sides on 0.25mg and am going to continue this dose for a while to see if I get any joy. If not I will up my dose again and see if the sides return. Basically, I am trying to take the lowest amount I can in order to get results.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can take PROPECIA if you and your wife are trying to conceive or if your wife is currently pregnant. However, women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not use PROPECIA and should not handle crushed or broken tablets of PROPECIA because doing so may cause abnormalities of a male baby’s sex organs.