Can someone give me some advice?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, a few weeks into starting 1 mg finasteride about 2 months ago, Mon-Wed-Fri, I noticed that parts of my face, primarily my forehead, would dry up, be itchy, redness etc, and everytime I stop the finasteride about a week later everything seems to clear up.

Would my taking it only 3 days a week be the cause of this? Could it cause irregularities in my hormones which would cause my face to break out like this?

Also, would there be any point in trying to take 0.5mg daily as opposed to 1mg every 3 days to see if that would be any different?

I know the best advice would be to see my GP, but, about a year ago I started Prednisolone for inflammation in my knee and he said to me "The drug can cause hair to thin with prolonged use, but as long as you get better, that's not a problem"

:thumbdown2:

He was being dead serious, add to the fact he has a horseshoe, in his early 40's and his hair has being like that since I've being going to him, that's about 15 years . . . . . So discussing something like this would be a no no with him.

Any help would be much appreciated.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Well..you can try 0.5mg/day and see what will happen. :dunno: