Can Someone Give His Opinion On My Vertex?

Wakkoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this question has been brought up gazillions of times already on this site, and I will probably come out as a whiny teenager, but nonetheless, I am pretty paranoid right now and I succumbed to the urge to ask you.
I'm soon-to-be 19. Over the last year or so I have spotted that thw area around my vertex has kind of thinned a little bit. Before, I had really thick hair there but now the "hole" is a little bigger, so naturally, i kinda started to freak out. I'm going to show you 2 pictures I took today. I must note this is my 2nd day without having a shower so may hair is a little greasy. Here is my family's situation: My dad has thin hair but as of now, he has his full head of hair( he is 42). His dad, God rest his soul, also had a full head of hair up to his very last day. My mom's dad, however, has pretty simililar hair to mine, kinda wavy, and he is bald. If I remember correctly, He started balding when he was around 40, if that can serve as any indication.
Again guys, sorry if I am wasting your time with teenage anxiety and am lissing you off. Hope you have a great day and manage to fix your problems in the long run!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-06-11-49-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-06-11-49-52.png
    532.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_2016-12-06-11-49-26.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-06-11-49-26.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 260

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks fine to me. And you've good family history.

I'd stop worrying and re-assess in a few months. Take more pictures and compare.

greg711711

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but it looks like the very early stages of thinning. Don't freak out, your hair still looks fine. Just see a dermatologist as soon as possible and get a definite answer. Your age is about the time when my crown started to thin, but I let it go and didn't get it checked out for a couple years and it got much worse. Now I'm 25 and wish I would've done something about it right away, might have saved a lot of hair. Don't be like me, save yourself the anguish