Can RU58841 cause testicle shrinkage?

Lobster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new here so forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place.

As the title suggests, can RU58841 cause testicle shrinkage? I’ve been using both RU58841 and minoxidil for roughly 6 months now and I’m having some side effects such as weaker erections, less libido and loss of random erections (I still get morning wood but it’s slightly weaker as well). Lately just been analyzing my twin soldiers and not sure if it’s gotten smaller or I’m just over thinking it. I’m leaning to the latter cuz it’s not like I’m applying the anti androgen onto my balls and I’m not applying that much either (roughly 75 mg). Thanks in advance.

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of running RU myself in the next few weeks, and based on months and months of research, I've come to the conclusion the dosing guidelines is anecdotal and you should assess the correct dose for yourself which reduces hair fall out, but also isn't so high of a dose that goes into the blood stream and causes side effects like rapid heart beat, gyno, etc.

75mg is definitely high. I know people who have managed to maintain their hairline at doses as low as 15mg, however they using combination therapy. RU + Minoxidil + Laser combs

Lobster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I usually apply it towards my hairline and crown so I guess using 75 mg for those areas would be too much. I’m definitely going to reduce my dosage. From all the anecdotal reports you’ve read has anyone claimed testicle shrinkage? Ive personally not found any but it’s not like everyone is using it. Worst case even if it did, I doubt it would be permanent since i know RU does not bind forever.

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I usually apply it towards my hairline and crown so I guess using 75 mg for those areas would be too much. I’m definitely going to reduce my dosage. From all the anecdotal reports you’ve read has anyone claimed testicle shrinkage? Ive personally not found any but it’s not like everyone is using it. Worst case even if it did, I doubt it would be permanent since i know RU does not bind forever.
Well if you get too much RU in your blood stream then you will have systemic side effects resulting from your low levels of DHT.

DHT is what makes a man, a man, it's our sex hormone so naturally when these levels are low, estrogen will increase and then side effects such as gyno and even shrinking of the balls can occur. Common with bodybuilders who abuse DHT based steroids.

Propecia is capable of the same thing, it just isn't as aggressive on reducing DHT levels as RU is.

Your body is capable of rebalancing your hormone levels but this would require you to discontinue use and probably go get some bloodwork done.

75mg for that length of time is a lot.

If your priority is hair, reduce your dose down significantly. If your priority is not causing long term problems with your hormone levels, discontinue the product and get bloodwork and start addressing the concerns.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's worth noting that RU doesn't actually lower DHT or in fact alter hormone levels at all. At least not on the animal studies. There isn't a mechanism by which it could anyway, it's not a steroidal antiandrogen nor an AR inhibitor. It's a "silent antagonist" meaning DHT just doesn't get to bind to the androgen receptor when RU is present. It does go systemic, albeit mildly. But the exact what and why of its side effect profile isn't known because those damn clinical trials were never completed. Anecdotally, heart issues are the most commonly reported side. I've never heard of serious sexual dysfunction due to the drug.

Agreed on the above dosing advice. Definitely taper that down. 50mg is all I've ever heard of.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it was. Unfortunately we don't get to read the studies. We do know that it passed phase 1 trials though which means the drug is at the very least not incredibly dangerous. Personally I would always recommend trying finasteride and only trying RU if you couldn't tolerate it.

Lobster

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand how you guys use a chemical that has not been tested in humans
I wouldn’t use it if I didn’t have to honestly. Two doctors I went to denied me finasteride because of my age so I ain’t got much of a choice at the moment.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
And is it working for your hair? It is curious that I have not seen a single photo of people who are working RU. Except Irishpride

Lobster

My Regimen
Reaction score
And is it working for your hair? It is curious that I have not seen a single photo of people who are working RU. Except Irishpride
I would say I have maintained but it appears I’m slowly losing ground again. It could be a shed since I would apply it to the thinner areas.