Can rogain be taken with propecia?

gmoney

Reaction score
My hair is starting to thin, and I was wondering if I could take rogain with propecia. I visited a doctor, and he prescribed propecia, and told me to get started with rogain; but I thought rogain was more geared towards hair loss at the vertex of the head. Where as my hair is thinning more near the front.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
GMoney: - yes, they work independent of each other and most of us here use both. You'll find lots of info about them here on the site. Good luck.

Everyone else: - try to show mercy.

jerry grant

Axon

Reaction score
You're too much, Grant.

Anyhoo, yes, Rogaine and Propecia can and do work for frontal thinning and loss. However, both are more effective on the crown (vertex) of the scalp.

If you were to add Nizoral Shampoo (available at most supermarkets and pharmacies) to your current regimen, you would be on the "big three," which is essentially the gold standard of hairloss treatments. Most of the successful users on this site use this regimen; it consists of Finasteride (active ingredient in Propecia) Minoxidil (Rogaine's active ingredient) and Nizoral Shampoo on mon, wends, fri, or at your discresion.

That being said, frontal loss is the hardest to treat, so be patient and good luck. Is you hairline receding or is there just overall thinning?

Stingray

Reaction score
Oh the urge is killing me...