Can finasteride promote Telogen Effluvium?

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
i am taking finasteride for almost 1 year as 4 months. in the beggining it worked so well. since month 6 i am shedding and it did not stopped. now my hair is a misery. can finasteride cause a Telogen Effluvium? when i run my finger in my hair i can pull 20 or 30 hairs every day and go to the shower and more 20 or 30 hairs falls again.! i dont know what to do. can finasteride be bad for anyone? or i am shedding but if i am without it it would be worse?

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
i am tired of this foruns... you talk talk and say nothing! when really matters no one no the answer.

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure but i think your attitude might be the reason why no one is answering...

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
What is a Telogen Effluvium?

Temporary embolism?

Tertiary earthquake?

Total erection?

Seriously dude, I would have tried to answer this question if I understood it...

Calmate!

Joseph.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Instead of abusing, why not spend your time researching.

In 2 mintues I found that in some rare cases finastride can possibly trigger Telogen Effluvium although it usually happens soon into beggining dosage.

Either your body isn't reacting as well to Finastride as you have aggressive male pattern baldness or your going through a shed.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, but i am in the same. how can i know if this shed is trigered of finasteride or if it is a agressive male pattern baldness? can a Telogen Effluvium last so many months? 8 months?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dunno bout finasteride, but stress can cause Telogen Effluvium.

You seem too stressed.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With that "motherfuckers" attitude, mate, I wouldn´t cure you from cancer, even if would be able to heal by just blinking an eye.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry the motherfucker attitude. but it seems that no one can respond my questions....

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia promotes hair regrowth in some cases.

Propecia stops/slows further hair loss in most cases.

Propecia doesn't work at all in a small amount of cases.

Propecia doesn't cause hair loss.

It's either not working for you, or there is some other reason for your current shedding...like maybe stress.

G

Hey KipWinger, I just saw your regimen:

My Regimen: Finasteride 1mg one day and 0,5 dutasteride other day

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i tried dutasteride for a mounth but that was no change. and i stopped becouse i am affraid of this drug. now i am back to the propecia hopping things will change.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you read the info about finasteride and Telogen Effluvium in the main HairLossTalk.com webpage?

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
KipWinger said:
yes i tried dutasteride for a mounth but that was no change. and i stopped becouse i am affraid of this drug. now i am back to the propecia hopping things will change.

Wow. That seems really odd that dutasteride didn't completely grow your hair back in a month. Are you sure you were taking the proper Fast-Acting Miracle Dutasteride?

Maybe it was a bad batch.