Can ephedrine cause erectile dysfunction?

G

I find that my erections are a lot stronger and come easier when I take a 2 or 3 day break from ephedrine.

I read on pubmed about how doctors use an ephedrine injection to treat priapism(erection lasting longer than 4 hours that won't go down), so maybe ephedrine can cause ED too?

I also find that my erections are a lot stronger when I masturbate less. If I've jerked off 2 or 3 times during the day, when I'm with my girlfriend that night, it's not as good or as strong as it would be had I not done that.

G

bubka said:
increases blood pressure, i know high bp is not good for wood, at least for the old guys

oh it does? damn i thought ephedrine lowered blood pressure. shows how much i know. yeah high bp is not good for wood that's true. since i dropped this weight, my bp has dropped from anywher from 140/95 to 150/100, all the way down to 110/73.

G

my brother is a half an inch taller and about the same weight, and his is 106 over 67, believe it or not. he does no exercise.

my total cholesterol is 220 though. might be genetic

i was just wondering if someone like docj077 knew about a direct medical connection between ephedrine and ED. i think im just gonna stop the ephedrine

G

powersam said:
ephedrine can also cause hair loss.

how?

"Posted by mike on December 05, 2000 at 20:58:12:

In Reply to: does xenadrine cuase hair loss? posted by mr vain on November 27, 2000 at 19:45:24:

no,i asked someone else the same question he is a good source ,knows just about everything ,this is his answer." Hair loss and ephedrine sounds very unlikely, what is more plausible is hair loss due to weight loss. It is not uncommon that with severe dieting one can become deficient in nutrients and hair loss is often a common sign of nutrient deficiencies, especially essential fatty acids."
later i asked him if the hairloss is permanent he replied "For deficiency related hair loss, most likely not. The other cause in men is obviously male pattern baldness, this is permanent without treatment. This is another possible cause for this individual"."

powersam

Reaction score
One Or More Of These Symptoms Can Occur:

* Mood swings
* Headaches
* Nausea
* Insomnia
* Amenorrhea
* Loss of libido
* Hair loss
* Impotency

could definately be the rapid weightloss thing. just thought you should know it is one of the reported side effects. plus its not good to take if you have insulin sensitivity problems which as you probably know i think most of us have.